Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Radian 65 SL for $112.99!

A Radian 65 SL or a Nautilus? Which to buy???
    DS 7.5 years 71 lbs FFing in:
    a Frontier90, PWSGL 2013
    DS2 3.5 years 35 lbs FFing in:
    Foonf, Frontier 85, SureRide

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I wonder how cheap I could get it if I opened an account for dh, used the 10percent code, added the $8 pack of Luvs that we'd use anyway, used the referral code from my account (giving me more credit to use on a future order), the parents magazine rebate, and I'm betting with all those codes the touchdown code won't count, or going through bing.com, how do you do that anyway?

I think I may have to figure all this out so I can present the idea to dh when he gets home
    You'd have to use a diff address to get the 10percent discount..

Ok, so let me see if I have all the discounts I could use.
    Going through bing.com will save 3-10% off the entire order?
    When I get there, open an account for dh with my referral code, adding an $8 pack of Luvs which we'd essentially get for free plus another $2 off the total.
    Use the 10percent code, taking off another 10% of the entire total.
    Using the parents magazine rebate would save another $14.

Is that all correct?
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Senior Community Member InternationalMama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by P1ally View Post
    But aren't they structurally the same? Is it a ploy to get people to buy the 80 and XT? I mean I would never try to use a 65 to 45lbs rf, nor would I need it, I just don't understand.
    The Radian 80 and XT have extra steel reinforcements at the back of the seat making them able to hold the higher weights. They are also heavier. The 65 is the lightest.
    International Mama
    Mom to Two - ERFing in a Graco My Ride 65 , Combi Coccoro, and Sunshine Kids Radian XTSL.

You'd have to use a diff address to get the 10percent discount..
    So I could have it shipped to my mom's house instead?
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

So I could have it shipped to my mom's house instead?
    Probably, I just opened a new acct with a diff address, and it STILL won't let me use 10percent..

does the 60sl really only rf to 40 pounds? I almost got excited but only the 80 and xt are 45???

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
    A Radian 65 SL or a Nautilus? Which to buy???
    For a 40 lb kiddo (assuming you're purchasing for the kid in your sig) I'd say the Nautilus. Can't RF in the 65SL anyway; might as well get the seat that becomes a booster...and higher harness slots so you can harness longer if you want/need.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4boysmom View Post
    does the 60sl really only rf to 40 pounds? I almost got excited but only the 80 and xt are 45???
    yes, the 65SL can only rf to 40 lbs, the same as the non-SL versions (post 09/08, anyway).

Probably, I just opened a new acct with a diff address, and it STILL won't let me use 10percent..
    Are you opening the account with your same name? Maybe thats why. I wonder if it will work with dh's name, shipping to my mom's house.
    Mom to:

Are you opening the account with your same name? Maybe thats why. I wonder if it will work with dh's name, shipping to my mom's house.
    I used DS's name, email address, and my moms address..

Howcome I didnt know the 65sl only rf's to 40?

you and me both, waaaah!

I used DS's name, email address, and my moms address..
    So a different e-mail address, or yours? Is there anything you used tying the new account to you?
    Mom to:

Carseat Crazy

Does anyone know how long it is on sale for? Or when the coupon expires?
    Desirae 18-seat belt, Emma 14-seat belt, Ervin, Jr. 8-Lizard LBTB or Harmony Literider, Lily 5-Cow PWSG, Isaac 4-FF GN or Maestro

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich7 View Post
    Does anyone know how long it is on sale for? Or when the coupon expires?
    Thats what I want to know too!
    Mom to:

Ok, there is no way dh can say no to this! I have it down to $105.98 by using the referral code from my account and the 10percent code, I added the $8 pack of Luvs to get my referral code to work, but we use Luvs anyway, so it's like free diapers plus another $2 off the seat.
    So, it's at $105.98 now, and I still have the $14.95 parents magazine rebate, and whatever % bing.com takes off (3-10% is what it says).
    So if I figured that right, it will cost anywhere between $88.28 and $81.91, s thats a savings of $140.72 to $147.09, plus a free package of diapers and a $3 credit to my first diapers.com account. There is NO way dh can refuse a deal like this!!!!!

ETA: I figured this wrong! The bing.com 3-10% would be taken off before the parents magazine discount, since thats a rebate. So the grand total should be between $87.83 and $80.41, after the rebate.
    Last edited by Holly; 02-06-2010 at 06:14 PM.
    Mom to:

So a different e-mail address, or yours? Is there anything you used tying the new account to you?
    His email addy.. NOTHING tying it to me other than the computer I'm using.. I even put in a different phone number. Idk, I'm not paying anways

His email addy.. NOTHING tying it to me other than the computer I'm using.. I even put in a different phone number. Idk, I'm not paying anways
    Hmm, maybe it's the ip address? I just made an account with my other e-mail address (was going to use dh's name when I got to that part) and it said I couldn't use the 10percent code because I or someone at this address already used it, and I haven't made an account with my other address before. I'll try it on dh's laptop and see if it works then.
    Mom to:

Senior Community Member aclayton74's Avatar

Ok, there is no way dh can say no to this! I have it down to $105.98 by using the referral code from my account and the 10percent code, I added the $8 pack of Luvs to get my referral code to work, but we use Luvs anyway, so it's like free diapers plus another $2 off the seat.
    So, it's at $105.98 now, and I still have the $14.95 parents magazine rebate, and whatever % bing.com takes off (3-10% is what it says).
    So if I figured that right, it will cost anywhere between $88.28 and $81.91, s thats a savings of $140.72 to $147.09, plus a free package of diapers and a $3 credit to my first diapers.com account. There is NO way dh can refuse a deal like this!!!!!

You have a very smart DH he is right there is NO way you could pass this up!!

Amy!! Mom to
    Anthony-21, Daniel-18
    BOTH DRIVING!!
    Aiden-8 RN65/RNXT

Quote Originally Posted by aclayton74 View Post
    You have a very smart DH he is right there is NO way you could pass this up!!
    Oh, I haven't told him yet, he's not home. I just don't think he'll be able to argue this price at all!

Also to use the 10percent code when making a new account with your dh's or whoevers account, use a different computer than the one you already used that code on. it won't work on our home computer because I used it last April, but it works on dh's laptop.
    Mom to: