Help me rearrange my seats please...

arly1983

I am dropping off a 38 lb 3.5 yr old two days a week so I had to add another seat to my 3rd row.

J was in the Regent in a Capt's chair and C was in Frontier 3rd row center and S was in a DC in the other Capt's chair.

J was int he Frontier before and always wants to sit in that seat when he gets in the van but I can deal with that.

C, however, now that I have moved her to drivers outboard 3rd row has no foot room. Because of where her feet fall over the edge of the seat, they get wedged between the edge of the cap't chair. G (little boy above) had the same problem. Both he and C cry when it happens which makes S cry which makes J scream. I have tried moving the capts seats up but J's in a regent and I want him as far back as possible and S is RFing behind me.

J has to be in the Capt chair passenger outboard and S needs to be drivers side capts chair.

S hates the EFTA and the EFTA doesn't install well at all in the 3rd row. It hangs off the end of the 3rd row seat, tilts badly, and works itself loose so I dont want to use that. I am hesitant to use the DC untethered as well.

I hate the C is untethered all the time but having her in the radian solves the foot room problem at least.

So does anyone see a way around buying another seat?

Asking mom to provide a seat is out of the question as if I want him in something that at least complies with best practice. He is in a evenflo booster in dad's car and an outgrown AOE (shoulders well over top slots) in mom's car.

Currant set up is J in regent, S in DC, C in radian, G in frontier. Oh and C was exactly 40 lbs at doc's office two days ago.

ADS

TheQueenMother

I don't have a clue what I would do or who to put where. J can either ride in the frontier or the regent, right? Is he ready for the boosters at all? If he went into one of the boosters, would putting one of his possible seats into the third row work for either C or G? If S is happy in the DC I would keep her in that just to cut down on some of the crying. Do you have foot props on the back of the captains chairs? Liddie, now 5, discovered that she is much more comfy with that down and her legs don't dangle. Could you create a foot prop for them?
Amanda

arly1983

I don't have a clue what I would do or who to put where. J can either ride in the frontier or the regent, right? Is he ready for the boosters at all? If he went into one of the boosters, would putting one of his possible seats into the third row work for either C or G? If S is happy in the DC I would keep her in that just to cut down on some of the crying. Do you have foot props on the back of the captains chairs? Liddie, now 5, discovered that she is much more comfy with that down and her legs don't dangle. Could you create a foot prop for them?
Amanda

Thanks for trying to help me Amanda. I am beyond frustrated.

J is not booster ready besides short trips. I have no idea if he still fits in the frontier, he had a smidge when I moved him to the regent.

Yeah, S like the DC and the radian but hates the EFTA, I wonder if its the bowl affect.

G probably would have noticed the foot getting stuck thing if he hadn't seen C do it first. Its hard to explain but I will try...THe frontier is tilted up at the front because of the recline block needing to be forward in harness mode. It takes up some of the leg room between the 3rd row and the capts chair in front of it. C and G both seem to have legs that are just long enough so that their feet get caught between the 4 in or so gap between the edge of the frontier and the back of the capt's chair. I have tried to show C that she can prop her feet up on the capts chair and to not put them in the hole. After that I tried showing her how to twist her foot in to fit through.

I am wondering if I take her shoes off if that would solve the problem. Because it seems to be the rubber on the shoe getting more stuck the more she pulls. G in the radian and C in frontier. I wonder if G would be freaked if I took his shoes off twice a week. It would be a pain to do C's everytime we go somewhere.

MoreLatte

Can the Regent go in the third row? Would it sit lower than the Frontier and allow more foot room? Then put the Frontier in the Captains chair?

Or, can you fit three in a row in the back and flip one captains seat forward? I don't know which vehicle you drive. Most third rows won't fit three across with a Regent so thats probably out.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
What kind of vehicle do you drive again?

Can you push the Frontier down at the front and back to get it to sink into the vehicle seat better?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC