Looking for sneaker/sandal shoes, similar to Keens

Mommy0608

Looking for something like Keens, but less expensive. They need to have open spaces like sandals, but an enclosed toe and good support/traction like sneakers.

Anyone know where I can find these? The Keens are perfect, but unfortunately I can't spend that much. :(

DD doesn't like open toe sandals for some reason. She likes crocs (knock-offs) but they are so wide on her feet that she always trips when she runs. I'm hoping to avoid those this summer. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

ADS

MoreLatte

I'm not sure if you have a Kmart near you, but if so, keep an eye out there. Last year they had Fisher Price Keen knock-offs for $15 or so. You may even be able to order online.

mom2juliarose

I'm not sure if you have a Kmart near you, but if so, keep an eye out there. Last year they had Fisher Price Keen knock-offs for $15 or so. You may even be able to order online.

:yeahthat:

The FP ones sold in KMart are made by Buster Brown. I've seen the Buster Brown-branded ones as well. The girls is called Illusion and the boys is called Cyclone.

Mommy0608

Oooh! Thanks! Those are all great, I especially like the Old Navy ones. :thumbsup:

However, if the KMart ones are just like the Buster Brown ones, those are nice too. We don't have KMart near us but there's one near my mom's house, I could have her check for them.

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
Oooh - just saw these in the Kohls ad...they aren't showing all the colors online. In the ad there are purple ones and pink ones. I'm going to be all over these! Can't beat that price!

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
Not sure of your budget, but Keen has a cheaper kids sandal out this year. It is called the Sunport. http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/ss10/shoes/kids/youth/sunport It is $30. It comes in fun colors and designs. My son wants the tie dyed ones and he will get them once the weather warms up.

LL Bean also makes Keen knock offs as does Stride Rite. Both are less than the $50 you will pay for Keen Newport sandals for kids.

Now if you don't mind used check eBay. I sell my son's there and there are always plenty listed. This year I will be selling his old pair to a friend. Oh, and remember than the Newport and Newport H2s for kids tend to run a bit small. I tend to buy a size up.

Mommy0608

Thanks everyone! I actually just got a Kohls ad in the mail but haven't opened it yet, I'll go look in a minute.

I ended up buying the Old Navy ones linked to in this thread for both of the kids, however, I'll probably return Jessica's so I'll need to check out these other options. They fit Tyler very well, but not Jessica. The size 9 was just perfect, but likely wouldn't last through the summer and the size 10 (which is what I bought) is really quite big. They must run large, because she usually wears a 10.5.

daniele_ut

Oooh - just saw these in the Kohls ad...they aren't showing all the colors online. In the ad there are purple ones and pink ones. I'm going to be all over these! Can't beat that price!

I was going to post about these too. I think they only have them in toddler sizes so they won't work for DS, but I'm going to look at the for DD. If they don't work, I'm ordering the LE ones posted above.

daniele_ut

Have you tried http://www.6pm.com ? They have VERY good prices on Keens - almost as low as the knockoffs IMO.

They do, but they have very limited sizes :(

I picked up 2 different sizes of the Kohl's Little Sierra sandals today, and I have to say that for the price, they are really nice. I think they'll hold up well. I had a 20% off coupon, so they were $9.60 + tax. I'll try both pairs on her and see which I think will work better for spring/summer and probably return the other pair. The Kohls store I went to only had pink and purple in stock. I didn't see any of the brown, green or blue.

As a bonus, I also found 2 pairs of cute leather Stride Rite Munchkins shoes on clearance for $5.60 each AC.

I'm still looking for actual Keens for DS, since he is much harder on his shoes than DD.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC