Two quick and basic RN questions

britfish

I have a XT and wondered if I can use the pilllows past the infant stage? I thought you could use the one that goes around the torso area but then I saw someone mention you couldn't!
Also, will it be easy for me to figure out how to attach my carry strap for travelling? We will be flying with it next week. I have two RN (and travelling with one) so could I technically use both straps and make it a back pack or is that more trouble than its worth?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd definitely use two straps. There are web loops on the back and you just attach the straps there.

Don't know about your first question, though. Is the manual not clear on it?

Wendy

Shaunam

I don't know if it's changed since I last read my radian manual, but the infant torso support can be used until 30 lbs. After that you can use it as a head pillow (on the 80, probably not the XT since it has a headrest).

britfish

I'd definitely use two straps. There are web loops on the back and you just attach the straps there.

Don't know about your first question, though. Is the manual not clear on it?

Wendy

I *thought* the manual called it a toddler pillow so I assumed it could be used but I may have read it wrong. DH has my car so I have to re read the manual when he gets home.
As far as the carry straps, is it obivious where the web loops are or are they tucked in? I dont mean to be a pain but I don't want to uninstall it just to practice w/ the straps!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They're pretty obvious, though they're not big. They're maybe 3/4" of an inch tall, black, little web loops.

You can read the manual at skjp.com. In the manual there's also a picture of the back of the seat, and the number 21s are the backpack straps.

Wendy

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
In my xtsl manual the info on the pillow is on page 30. The info on usage limits is at the top of the page w/ a big bold warning sign and red print. :thumbsup:

My carry straps are very easily noticed loops of webbing. I too would use both straps and carry it as a back pack, this seat gets heavy quickly.

They are circled in this pic. :)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC