at walmart today

TaylorS

there was a woman looking at the boosters. She was talking about the Turbo HBB and the Cosco one with the harness. I asked her how old the child was that she was looking for, trying to help her a bit, she seemed like she really needed some input and accepted my offer to explain to her what and why. She said her dd was 2.5. It was her dd that was in the cart. Her dd was rather tall. I asked her how much she weighed and she said 45lbs. I showed her the Graco Nautilus. she said they already have a booster with harness but she needs a booster now because her little brother will be 20lbs soon and needs her seat. Her baby brother is 3 months old!!!!:eek: I showed her the Scenera and also the MR. she said, thanks but no thanks. She said she never heard of anything I was telling her and her kids would be just fine.:(

ADS

lpperry

At least you shared the information.

I can't even bear to stand in the BRU car seat isle now. I am just horrified with what people say.

babychild taxi

What a negative experience for you...we can only do so much. Good for you for trying.

I was at Walmart today (in Canada) and had a positive experience talking with someone (a foster parent) and was able to convince her to buy a GN for a large and overally active child. She appreciated my input and I told her I have one for my little friend who loves to go in Auntie's car in it!

What bothers me is the many people I see/hear who see the car seat boxes that say the seat goes to 80lbs and they think that means harnessed :(

Sounds like, as ever, more public awareness and seat checks are needed.

K.

tjham

Well, maybe she has a 3 in 1 like the Alpha Omega and that's what she meant by harnessed booster. We can only hope, right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC