Enable me or not. Let's discuss the priori

TheQueenMother

This morning I began to seriously covet a mcp. I love the frisbee cover. I want to use the seat as part of the new baby's collection. Does this seat install well in a suburban? Can it be used for a newborn? Want to tell me your love/hate for the seat? I am not planning to use an infant seat at all and have a coccorro planned. We own several hwh seats and buying a new one will not be an issue.
What do you think?

ADS

ntrenary

I had a Priori and loved it. I wish the shell was a little taller so my DS could RF in it for a little longer, but other than that it was a great seat. The shell is taller than the Roundabout, but my DS has a long torso and he outgrew it RFing by 2yrs old. I think the seat padding is better than the Britax, it reminded me of the squishy pillows you used to find in Walmart.The belt holders are way better to, they hook on the side of the seat instead of velcro. It fits in most small compact cars. It can recline in 4 different positions FFing without needing to unbuckle it. It has a wide base so it was easy for me to buckle into my Mazda Protege.
I sold mine and bought a Roundabout 50 to keep my DS Rfing as long as possible and I'm really not feeling the Britax love.:)
I would buy it again if i had another baby. I think a lot of people don't look at it because the FFing weight limit is only 40lbs, but I wasn't worried about that because I have a Regent my DS will grow into once he's FFing.

Cryssy Jane

I'm not a fan of the priori. It's a cute seat but it's got a tiny shell. I'll see if I can get pictures of Odin. He outgrew the priori rear facing at 16 months, the RA at 18 months but still fits with 2.5 inches over his head in the coccoro.

ntrenary

He out grew the Priori before the roundabout? It's been awhile, but when I had the Priori and the Roundabout side by side they were the same height, but the Priori had a lower base so the seat was a little taller. I had a older Roundabout though (2002), so I wonder if the shell height has changed.

Cryssy Jane

He out grew the Priori before the roundabout? It's been awhile, but when I had the Priori and the Roundabout side by side they were the same height, but the Priori had a lower base so the seat was a little taller. I had a older Roundabout though (2002), so I wonder if the shell height has changed.

I don't think anythings changed. I think it may have had something to do with the overall shape of the shell. Both seats were installed at the same angle. I don't have an RA anymore and don't know anyone who does, but I could get pictures of him in the priori and the coccoro for comparison if needed.

macmomma

I own a Priori and really like it. It is installed in Hubby's truck right now and not being used that much but it fits baby girl pretty good. I do like that it is not so big- fits better in his truck that way:)
Since I seem to always buy/ trade seats it does not bother me that an older child might not fit it but hey- I love buying new seats and it makes for a perfect excuse:whistle:

chloebeansmom

We have a Priori for my DD in my Dh's work truck. It works great for our needs. DD is a tiny little thing (3rd %ile weight 5th%ile height). It is one of the few seats we found that will fit RF in DH's Tacoma. It's very comfy and seems to have fairly low harness slots. I can measure tonight if you want (DD only started using it at 13 months).

ETA, the only con is that the belly pad is useless and is now not on our seat. It fell off constantly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC