Question How big is...

Freedom_Pixie

The GN, really? I've heard it is pretty big, but then I see it in WM and it doesn't seem that big at all. Does it depend on what type of car a person has?

The reason why I am asking this is because I am going to be getting a new car (sometime in Spring/Summer) and I was planning on getting a GN for DS and putting LO#2 in the TF once he/she is born. The type of car I was planning on getting is a sedan type of car. Would the GN be too big for it? Should I consider another seat? Honestly I don't trust DS being in a booster (I just don't think he is ready, plus I want to keep him harnessed). The thing is I like the GN because it can be either a high back booster or a backless (so DH and I wouldn't have to buy another seat). Am I just over thinking this and that everything will work out fine?

TIA.

ADS

Raegansmom4

It seems smaller b/c the headrest is in bottom position in the store. Fully extended, it's fairly tall. Mine was in a Ford Taurus and didn't seem too big at all. It's an awesome seat, I'd definitely get it for your oldest.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Nautiluses tend to fit well in most sedans. :) It's "big" as in it fits kids for a long time. Its armrests do make it difficult in 3 across situations. It's not the narrowest seat. However it's also not the widest. Your instinct is right-- your son is WAY too young to go in a booster.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The gn fits fine in most placs, theissue is with 3-across, because it is sort of wide, and the armrests dont puzzle well with many other seats. But it's not some insane super-ginormous seat that takes up multiple seating spaces or whatever.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It isn't too big. While it is certainly wider than some seats, I have a Honda Civic and have done a three-across with it. :eek: Granted, that three-across included a Radian, but still...

DSC_0969.jpg

The GN is on the far side

S8000060-1.jpg
The GN is on the close side.
S8000812.jpg

S8000773-1.jpg

With a kiddo (I think she was 3?)

Last edited:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Not saying it NEVER works for a 3 across. Just that if you have other options, for a narrow, tight 3 across it's not your best bet. ;)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Not saying it NEVER works for a 3 across. Just that if you have other options, for a narrow, tight 3 across it's not your best bet. ;)

Oh, true! I just thought showing the three-across in a Civic might give the OP an idea (maybe) of how big it is. :)

Freedom_Pixie

Thanks for all the information, also thanks for the pics (that helps a lot). I know DS is too young for a booster, I just wish my SIL would know that about her son (who is 4 1/2 months older then DS and is about and inch shorter and weighs 27 lbs or so) she has him in a Evenflo Bid Kid Booster (but that is a different topic). I am so glad I ran across this site when I did, otherwise DS would probably be in a booster and I wouldn't notice all the car seat mistakes others do around where I live.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC