3 across in Sienna '08

TinaM

I have 2 montereys and I need to fit a convertible in the back row with them. Any suggestions? I was thinking a Radian since i've heard they are slim. Do you think it's possible? The head wings on the montereys are wide. TIA!

ADS

emandbri

I really doubt that would work, the monterey is just so wide. Do you have any other seats that are slimmer? What are the ages/ weights/ and seats of all the kids you need to transport? Are any of them out of seats?

kphil

I drive a Sienna as well, and have a Monterey, and I can't imagine that working. Can the Montereys go in the middle row by any chance? That back row just isn't nearly as wide as the middle row

TinaM

Thank you! I've got 2 dd's who are 8yo and 7yo. I guess I will have to talk to dh about this. Dd3 who is just 2yo is in a marathon. Yes, that middle row is much wider than that back. All 3 were fine forward facing in the middle row. When the 4th baby comes along, i would like to put all 3 in the back and just have the baby in the middle seat/middle row.

Any suggestions on boosters for my 2 older girls? Preferrably ones that are really good but not so expensive. I love those Montereys but it might just not work out. If possible, I'd like to keep the 2yo in her marathon so boosters that would fit along with the marathon would be great. BUT if not, then i guess we'll be buying 4 new carseats this year. Any help is appreciated!

emandbri

I really think your best option is to put 2 in the middle row and 2 in the back, is there a reason why you don't want to do this?

Even if you found boosters to fit it would be really hard to buckle them. I've done 3 in a row in the back before and when I do I have to go back there to buckle the boosters, the kids can't do it themselves. I also have the added advantage of having some narrow boosters that are no longer on the market.

If you really want to do this check out the harmony boosters, there is a low back and a high back version and they are really narrow.

When a friend here and I worked with a family trying to fit 5 in their oddessy the best solution we came up with was a forward facing roundabout 50 with boosters on the sides. This worked better than the radian even because the base on the roundabout 50 raised it and we were able to fit the armrests under the base. Still they had no choice, they had to fit 5 kids in 5 seating positions. You have 8 I'm sure you can find a better option then having 3 in the back.

Jennifer mom to my 7

I bet you could fit 1 monterey, the marathon, then a turbobooster. My dd was able to buckle the turbo driver outboard next to a decathlon. I can get a nautilus, rf or ff britax, then the turbo or parkway across the third row of my 05 8 passenger. But, I would do 2 in the middle, and 2 in the back. I think others with a 7 passenger have said that if you slide the one seat up, the other kids can get into the back behind the seat. And with a booster in the middle, you can sometimes just raise the back some to get the kids back there.

christineka

As someone who has tried and succeeded in getting 2 boosters and a car seat in the back, I'd recommend 2 in the middle and 2 in the back. A bodyguard of good repute is difficult to find. If you don't mind a kid in a backless booster, the harmony literider will fit. If you can find an old style parkway, that will also fit.

Chex

Well, I've got a Radian installed in the middle of the 3rd row bench in my '08 Sienna and I fit a Monterey in next to it on both sides. The Radian is a PITB to get a good install in that position, you'll probably need help from a tech. But it's doable. The Montereys fit just fine, but you couldn't widen the torso wings at all. When it was on the passenger side, the child could buckle it easily because there's a rigid belt stalk there. But when it was on the other side, it got trickier. I used some towels stuffed down by the buckle stalk to try to make it easier. Again, it's doable, but not super easy to buckle in that position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC