Question Few ?'s (inc. RF suggestion in Volvo xc60)

Dad

Hello.

I came across this site in search of a 2nd car seat for my son Noah (11mo, first born) who will always be taller than heavy for his age. I've read quite a bit learned a lot in the past 2 hours. I do have a couple of questions. Currently Noah is in an Evenflo Symphony 65 and it's ok. We need another seat for our 2nd car.

?'s:

Can you RF the 65 in the #2 recline position (less recline)?

How does one describe the angle/recline of the seat? I read a few posts that describe 30 degrees being LESS reclined than 45 degrees, but I can't for the life of me figure out which angle this could be, maybe I've missed something

The 2 things that mean the most to me are safety and the ability to have one of his tall parents sit in the passenger seat. Things are tight with the 65. Any thoughts on the fit of the Radian vs. True Fit (with head extender) vs. Air Protect. They all seem to be described as tight but anyone want to rank them? Better yet, any thoughts about a particular seat in the xc60?

Thanks very much.

ADS

babyherder

How much does your son weigh? If he's heavy for his age I'd look at 40lb rear facing seats (Complete Air, MyRide 65, and some radians) or 45 lb rear facing seats (radian 80sl and xtsl).

morninglori

This is how I describe the recline angle...

Think of it as a clock with a face (hours 1-12)

When it is 1 o'clock, you are at a 30 degree angle - big hand at the 12, little hand at 1.

at 2 o'clock you have a 60 degree angel between the big and little hand.

at 12:07 the angle between the little and big hands is 45 degrees - actually at 7.5 minutes, but close enough for this example.

A 45 degree angle would be more reclined because the child is leaning back more..does this help?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC