Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Few ?'s (inc. RF suggestion in Volvo xc60)

Hello.

I came across this site in search of a 2nd car seat for my son Noah (11mo, first born) who will always be taller than heavy for his age. I've read quite a bit learned a lot in the past 2 hours. I do have a couple of questions. Currently Noah is in an Evenflo Symphony 65 and it's ok. We need another seat for our 2nd car.

?'s:

Can you RF the 65 in the #2 recline position (less recline)?

How does one describe the angle/recline of the seat? I read a few posts that describe 30 degrees being LESS reclined than 45 degrees, but I can't for the life of me figure out which angle this could be, maybe I've missed something

The 2 things that mean the most to me are safety and the ability to have one of his tall parents sit in the passenger seat. Things are tight with the 65. Any thoughts on the fit of the Radian vs. True Fit (with head extender) vs. Air Protect. They all seem to be described as tight but anyone want to rank them? Better yet, any thoughts about a particular seat in the xc60?

Thanks very much.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Few ?'s (inc. RF suggestion in Volvo xc60)

How much does your son weigh? If he's heavy for his age I'd look at 40lb rear facing seats (Complete Air, MyRide 65, and some radians) or 45 lb rear facing seats (radian 80sl and xtsl).

Re: Few ?'s (inc. RF suggestion in Volvo xc60)

This is how I describe the recline angle...

Think of it as a clock with a face (hours 1-12)

When it is 1 o'clock, you are at a 30 degree angle - big hand at the 12, little hand at 1.

at 2 o'clock you have a 60 degree angel between the big and little hand.

at 12:07 the angle between the little and big hands is 45 degrees - actually at 7.5 minutes, but close enough for this example.

A 45 degree angle would be more reclined because the child is leaning back more..does this help?
    Lori, CPST
    DD Mason--Dec2005, 48lb Monterey/Parkway SGL
    DS Cole--Nov2007 39lb GN / Frontier85