mollymoo

How do you pick a carseat cover?

To match your car.
To match your child's personality
To match MOM's personality
Because it was on sale

ADS

rachelandtyke

The only cover I've actually picked was on our Snugride before DD was born. I picked something I liked and DH could live with that was GN so we could use it for all our kids (at least that's what I thought at the time, it will expire before we have anymore). Got our Blvd on closeout as it was a discontinued pattern and our TFs I got on woot. I would love to have the need to pick out a pattern again! Maybe when DD moves into a booster in a few years or we have another one and I need a new baby seat . . .

Laurette

I pick the one I like and what I think the child riding in it would like and also what that child would look good in. For example, My DD has a certain complection that pink really doesn't compliment her. She still wears pink sometimes because that's what we have but I choose non-pink seats for her.

DS has plain ol' grey because that's all that was out when I bought his seat.

Oh, I also bought coordinating colors for a three accross in my vehicle. I'm still working on getting the last cover I want.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
On sale, and preferably the harness matches my car's seatbelts (gray or black. tan would give me the heebie jeebies in my gray cars, lol)

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
To match my personality and/or what's on sale. My kids have never cared about what the covers look like, so I get what I like :)

mommy-medic

Pretty, and comfy.

I never worry with car interior. The seat has to be pretty :D

Thanks goodness I have girlies. :love:

we always end up going with whats on sale;) I feel bad cause my Fiona has always wanted a princess radian but she got supercool cause I found a deal.:whistle:

NVMBR02

I let the older kids pick what they like as long as the cover choices are fairly close in price.

I pcik the one I like the best for the baby. With the coccoro, I picked what was cheapest. I will buy another cover for that seat though and keep the extra as a spare. I just have to decide which cover I like the best.

ginny4

for the longest time it didn't matter to me.....then i saw all these adorable covers & JUST HAD. TO. HAVE.
the first real cover pick was the madison for the regent. i KNEW my DD would love it as much as i do. she does!
at the same time i purchased a cowmoo for DS. i LOVED it. figured he wouldn't care but amazingly he thought i was super cool & would moo when he gets in the car. he still does moo a year later. LOL
for my DD's booster that she'll be getting for her birthday i just got & its pink. she requested PINK. NOT my favorite pink cover but i KNOW she'll love it, its was an unbeatable price. i bought a boys one too cause i thought it was adorable & i believe if DS3 still loves planes this will go over VERY WELL with him too.
it doesn't have to match my car for the most part. i want pretty seats that both I & kids like & on sale!

jennzee

If they're all the same price, I go with the one I like. If one cover is cheaper, I'll go with that, unless it's really ugly. So far, my kids haven't exerted any opinions, so I haven't had to add that into the equation!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I don't care about matching at all (I like when seats match EACH OTHER but it's not essential to me, I could care less about matching the car.) I buy some seats because they're the one that's a rockin' price. Others I get the one I love (if it's a "mine to play" seat) or the one my kids choose. Not so much "personality" as "taste" taken into consideration though (and on some of these seats, believe me, we have different taste-- like my eldest's hot pink booster with rainbows.)

hesgimenez

I didn't vote, because I don't really know which would fit. The Regent only had three options. I went with the only one I liked of the three, onyx. It does match my car, but that wasn't why I chose it. If it were to fit my personality, preference, it would have been brightly colored/printed. And DS's choice would have been red or a fun print.

Now, if we ever decide to buy the Clek in the Paul Frank prints, then it would 100% be my choice, my personality. http://www.ohbabygifts.com/brand/clek?limit=60&order=price&dir=asc&gclid=COCLiZaj158CFQTAsgod9U6ldA

rodentranger

I picked most of them to more or less match the vehicle and they were on sale.
I let ODS get the ugly orange CA though because it's his favorite color and he has an opinion now....

NannyMom

My first infant seat was black because it was the cheapest neutral they had. And I didn't know about finding better seals online, or buying extra covers. I thought it'd be silly to have to buy another seat if the next child wasn't a girl :eek:

Next was a black Titan. I picked the cover that I liked, of their limited choices. Then, Ashley Floral MA, because Sofi liked it and I wanted something girlie. By then I had found here and knew about buying covers :love: Now, I like to buy for the cover I like, but I can compromise if it's for a good deal. I wanted an Alma MR, so I spent the money on it. When I buy my next MR, it'll be whatever's cheapest.

ETA: A and J are old enough, I let them weigh in on their seat choices.

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
I couldn't vote. It depends. For the first several I picked them out. For the Snug Ride I got what was on sale. It was green and grey. For the convertbiles we got what covers BRU had (we didn't have a cover choice). For the Frontier my son picked it out. He picked Red Rock. For the Nautilus we just got what BRU had. No choice other than Galaxy.

Callansmomma

CPS Technician
for the longest time it didn't matter to me.....then i saw all these adorable covers & JUST HAD. TO. HAVE.
the first real cover pick was the madison for the regent. i KNEW my DD would love it as much as i do. she does!
at the same time i purchased a cowmoo for DS. i LOVED it. figured he wouldn't care but amazingly he thought i was super cool & would moo when he gets in the car. he still does moo a year later. LOL
for my DD's booster that she'll be getting for her birthday i just got & its pink. she requested PINK. NOT my favorite pink cover but i KNOW she'll love it, its was an unbeatable price. i bought a boys one too cause i thought it was adorable & i believe if DS3 still loves planes this will go over VERY WELL with him too.
it doesn't have to match my car for the most part. i want pretty seats that both I & kids like & on sale!

What booster did you get that has a cover with planes? I am hoping it is something other than the Turbo Booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC