Cryssy Jane

Ok 5 kids in a 2006 mazda mpv van

Seats I have that kids currently ride in:
Savannah - rides RF in a coccoro
Salvatore - rides RF in a coccoro
Skylar - rides RF in a CA
Odin - rides RF in a XTSL
Dominic - rides FF in an XT

The only other seat I have is a SR 32, which either of the babies could technically ride in. I have no plans to go anywhere but like to have things set up in case of emergency.

So now that I've finally found the TA in the 3rd row :rolleyes: this is the set up that I'm thinking...

Drivers side --------- center--------- passenger side
RF CCO captains chair -------------- RF CCO captains chair
RF CA ------------- FF XT (TA) -------- RF XTSL

The other thing that I could do is push the passenger side captains chair to the center and flip things this way:

Drivers side ------ center ----- passenger side
RF CCO ------ RF XTSL or CA
RF XTSL or CA ---- FF XT ------- RF SR32 w/base

Thoughts? Ideas? I'll leave this open for about 20 minutes or so then actually go out and tackle installing seats. Again have absolutely no intentions of going anywhere with that many kiddos, but in case of emergency, I have to be able to load them quick and thus seats should be installed just in case.

ADS

Auntie2Avi

Which set up would allow for easier access to the 3rd row for buckling? I would go with that one. Are there any personality conflicts/kids that should not be next to one another? That might influence my decision, but they both look fine to me.

Cryssy Jane

Which set up would allow for easier access to the 3rd row for buckling? I would go with that one. Are there any personality conflicts/kids that should not be next to one another? That might influence my decision, but they both look fine to me.

The FFer will buckle himself, I just have to check the harness. the near 2 year old boys usually need help and they umm assisted climb through the hatch. Neither baby walks. So far all kiddos have been able to sit next to each other without any issues. I know that if Odin sits by Savannah, he bugs her and tries to pull her arm but that was a while ago, and they usually just hold hands now.

Kat_Momof3

well, here's what I'd do...
I'd put the CCO's and the CA in the third row... all rf (when the CA has to go ff, I'd put the Radian there and put the CA in the 2nd row)

that way, you can load all 3 of the smallest kids over the third row bench (feel free to remove vehicle headrests if you haven't already)

the reason I also say this is that way, you won't have to worry about the space front to back in the third row for the rearfacing radian... the cco's take up a lot less space, as does the CA.

in the 2nd row, I'd have the Radians... one rf, one ff... I'd put the rf one driver's side...

then, all you have to do is open the passenger door, let the oldest two in and tell them to get in their seats... close the door... go to the hatch.. load the three littlest... get them buckled and tightened... (and if you've just been out, put the stroller away)... then go to your side... open the door, buckle and tighten the rearfacer... close door, climb in, turn around, check the oldest, and (if needed) tighten him.... then buckle your seatbelt and you're done.

When you get somewhere, all you would have to do is everything backwards... open door, unbuckle rf radian, close door and tell that kiddo to wait with the oldest... he can unbuckle himself (maybe also unbuckle the rf radian's buckles in time to help)... go to the back, get out stroller, get out babies, walk around to the passenger door, let out the oldest two, close door, done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC