What are options besides the Maestro?

karlatta

I need a backup car seat for my DS. He currently rides in a Nautilus in my car and a Scenera (he is BARELY below the top slots) in DH's car. DS is 33/34 pounds and will be 4 in May.

This seat will be used for carpooling purposes when I have my baby and will be chilling at home. Most likely to be used in a Honda Odyssey, but may be used in other cars as needed.

I can't guarantee that there will always be adequate headrest support, because sometimes people remove headrests, so I know the Apex65 is out. What other options are there besides the Maestro? I don't want to buy another Nauti (b/c of price). I'm not worried about it lasting a super long time or anything (like I don't need it to convert to a good booster), because I've got plenty of other little people who can use it later.

ADS

autumnlily

I haven't had an opportunity to play with the other options... I really like the Maestro though. And, think it would be a good primary or great backup seat. :twocents:

karlatta

Another thing I thought of... if it is at BRU (I know the Maestro is not) I have a 25% coupon from the trade-in.

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
You could look at the Evenflo Generations 65 at BRU. I don't know what the harness dimensions are, but maybe someone else does!

NannyMom

The Generations 65 harness is higher than the Scenera, but maybe by only an inch? I think it's about 16 inches. The Graco Cargo has about 17 inch top slots, but only harnesses to 40 pounds (but that may not be a problem).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Harness on the Generations is about 16-16.5 inches. Evenflo Chase is about 16.5-17. Either of those are fine BRU seats for a kiddo that size, should last harnessed to about age 5 (Maestro would last till more like age 7 harnessed).

babygirlsmom1005

Madeline is 4 years and 3 months old and fits with a lot of growing room left in the Generations 65 - she's 36 lbs, 41 inches tall (with around a 15.5 inch torso sitting up against a wall strait)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC