FF Marathon or Regent for 3 year old?

sholoulou

FF Marathon or Regent for 3 year old that is 36/37 inches and 32-35lbs?

I do not have her rf because she has weighed over the 35 lbs limit on different scales so I do not want to chance it...

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Are you buying a seat? If you were buying between those two I'd probably chose the Regent. No sense to buy a seat that rear faces. If you have those two, then if she fits in either then either is fine.

Wendy

sholoulou

Oh.. wanted to add both are tethered. Regent will only fit outboard. Marathon will fit in the middle.

I own both seats

If I could only choose between to two for FF I would go Regent as the Marathon will be outgrown much sooner.

You have many more options though... You can buy a seat that rear faces to 40lbs such as a Radian (some are even 45lbs- Radian XTSL I believe) or a Graco MyRide although the MyRide won't last as long because of the shell height. The Safety First Complete Air also has a tall shell but it's not a seat I would buy- I personally find it overpriced for what it is and I would buy a Radian over the CA without a doubt as it is much sturdier and better quality overall.

If you have decided you are just going to FF then the Regent would not be my first choice. It is not a bad seat but there are better options out now. The Regent is a huge seat and quite wide- it may not even fit in your car.

If it were my child and I was going to FF I would actually buy the Graco Nautilus which is more of a "big kid" seat and fits most vehicles well. The Frontier by Britax is a great seat also but at almost twice the price as the Nautilus and not as widely available I'd probably choose the Nautilus.

I'm sure other people will chime in but hopefully now you can look at some of your other options.

celtic1885

Since you already own both *I* would go with the Regent. Sits lower, easier for kids to climb in and out of. If you're still wanting to RF your little one and have the budget a Radian 80SL rear faces to 45#.

My daughter turned 4 on the 10th and has been in a Regent for over 1 year. I just bought a RN80SL for her so she could RF again at her request.

If you need the space and want them to stay FF than the Marathon is going to give you more room in the back seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC