I'm Wearing Down DH...One Seat At A Time!

Jonah Baby

DH has been in jerk-mode for a few days.
He knows it, too - he gave me a long talk about how he knows I'm not happy anymore and I deserve to be happy, so I should find someone who makes me happy...etc.
Well, he does do a lot of things that makes me happy, I just never tell him so...
Big long story.

SO...
To make me happy, he's letting me acquire another carseat.
It's free, off Craigslist, but it is a 20-30 minute drive from home (on HIS gas.)
I don't know if it is expired - sounds like it was new for this woman's last baby. I am pretty certain it was involved in that last recall Dorel oopsed, though.

Regardless, I should return home with it this evening, happy.

ADS

steph_s

I'm confused :confused: :confused: :confused: why do you want a used and therefore unsafe seat (you don't know the history so you shouldn't use it for your children) that you have to drive 30 minutes to go pick up? Are you going to trash the seat or something?

Jonah Baby

Yes, to the others.
It certainly won't be transporting any children in a vehicle - promise.

It is a Safety 1st - Starter I think.
Rear adjust, bleh.
I think she washed the harness straps (not like it truly matters if it isn't used.)
The cover is beautiful, though. No stains, no wear, pretty green and brown. Original infant insert included.
She gave me the base for it. LATCH looks like it might have been disassembled at some point, just seems "off". When I went to snap it to the base I had some trouble getting it to lock in. I was holding both pieces, though, so maybe it really isn't an issue?
I didn't get a chance to check DOM yet - she said it was bought new for her now 1ish year old, cover certainly reflects being new.

For now it will be joining my rear adjust Discovery. I MAY decide to sell off the cover, as it is so nice...I want to make sure this seat wasn't in that last Dorel recall first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC