Symphony 65 vs Scenera RF limits

swtgi1982

Ok so the Symphony 65 and the scenera can not be the same height as some of you had suggested on here. I had the symphony 65 in the second headrest position (highest RF position allowed) and my DS1 head was level with the top of the seat, in his scenera he has 1.5 - 2 inches left. SO they can not both be 23in RF shell height. Anyone else car to measure for comparison. The chart someone on here sent me a link to said 23 for the Symphony65 as well, and my scenera is 23 I know that since I just measured it.

ADS

swtgi1982

I can just not get how it seems to be almost 2 inches difference though since those measurements are still only like a half an inch shorter then my scenera ones I just do not get it:confused: Yes I took the infant padding out. I went to try it out today at BRU since I won a free one, and you know us people have to play with seats:whistle:, so I wanted to get a better Idea of which child will be getting this seat. It looks like it maybe DS2. I have been selling things and saving for another CA for DS1 so I was hoping that maybe he could use this since he is getting close to outgrowing his scenera RF, but I guess not. Maybe with BRU trade in event I can take in my old nasty stroller and get the 25% off of a CA for DS1:whistle: It will not hurt the extra seat and all as I have a lot of seats expiring this year so we would be buying eventually this year anyways.:whistle:

MomToEliEm

If someone can verify the measurements, I would like to get the measurements as accurate as possible in the measurements spreadsheet. Only one person submitted data for the scenera and had 23.25" for the internal seating height. Two entries were made for the symphony 65 - one for 21 in. RF / 25 in. FF and the other entry was 23 in. RF / 25 in. FF. I entered the 23" RF/25" FF measurement on the master spreadsheet as it seemed confirmed by the blog. The picture from the blog looked like the seat wasn't compressed during the measurement, so with it compressed, it might go up to 23".

Here is the site to the current measurements/data page
http://sites.google.com/site/carseatmeasurements/

Even if the measurements are accurate, the seats may still fit kids differently when they are sitting in them installed in the car.

Last edited:

SavsMom

I just don't see how the Scenera has more. My daughter is rear facing in a Sym65 and has more room than she does in the Avenue. We haven't even moved the head rest up to the 2nd setting and she has room - :confused:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's just one of those cryptic measurement things... seats with a lot less padding always seem to last longer than seats that squish kids upward with their cushy padding (like the Scenera has a shorter harness than the Roundabout, but zero padding, so it lasts longer... <twilight zone music>)

swtgi1982

Well I can tell you when I measured my scenera Last night it came to 23in on the dot. I did not have a tape measure with me today at BRU, but when my symphony 65 comes that I won I will gladly add.

Here is the picture of DS1 in the scenera, and when he was in the symphony65 today at BRU his head was level with the top of the shell in the second setting of the headrest.
DSC_0001.jpg

I am beginning to think that 21in on the symphony65 may be the correct measurement, since I found it really hard to move the headrest up and down today. I am wondering if people skipped a slot and thought that they were on the second and really on the third, I found myself doing that when I tried to adjust it today at BRU.

swtgi1982

Even if the measurements are accurate, the seats may still fit kids differently when they are sitting in them installed in the car.

I tried the display scenera at BRU to compare too. Both sitting straight upright in FF mode on the floor and still got the same thing.

swtgi1982

OK tape measure coming out really soon her for all of in wondering difference in shell height RF I will have both in the house in about 10 min, sorry there will be no pics unless you want crudy cell phone ones as our camera is broke!:(

Ok 23in it is for sure on both. I just checked both. The difference is that the symphony65 sits more reclined then the scenera. I can get the scenera at 30degrees but not the symphony65, so some RF height is lost minimally to the added recline of the seat. DS1 has only 2in in the symphony65 above his head and the scenera he has 2.5-3in above his head. So not much of a difference really, except for those of us with really tall skinny light weights! ;)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC