Awesome MR deal tonight and a bonus ERF story!

AtTheSouthDam

So I went to BRU tonight to get the Deco. After my day I was pretty certain they would be sold out but it was right there at the door when I walked in. The last one :D It is mine, $89.99 before taxes :D
Bonus, I had to scan the seat section real quick. Mostly looking at the boosters for DD1. I walk by a couple staring at a SR22 and SR35. I hear the man say "so is that one bigger?" She kind of shrugs so I add in that my LO would have fit in SR35 until her third birthday. His eyes opened really wide and he asked "Really?" I nodded. Told him he could the handle up on that one and it was a very nice seat but he was stuck on the three year old thing. "So I don't have to get another seat and turn them at like 9 months?" I told him no and that the kid was safest RF until they were to big by weight or the one inch rule. He seemed to like that. The went out with the SR35 :D

ETA: When did the MR manual change? Now it just says that some kids approaching 40# may be too big to fit RF and they need to have 1" of shell over their head to remain rear facing? I like the change, just curious as my manual from 9-09 has the knees bent rule.

Last edited:
ADS

mommycat

Would your DD really fit in the SR35 at 3? DS2 outgrew his SS1 at about 18mo by height. :( I am so happy that these parents will not be trying to turn their child at 9mo or whatever! Hope they keep the "RF is safest" message in mind and continue to RF for a long time to come! :thumbsup:

AtTheSouthDam

Would your DD really fit in the SR35 at 3? DS2 outgrew his SS1 at about 18mo by height. :( I am so happy that these parents will not be trying to turn their child at 9mo or whatever! Hope they keep the "RF is safest" message in mind and continue to RF for a long time to come! :thumbsup:

Yeah, she has a tiny, tiny torso. She was finally too tall this past week when I put her in. She only has about 1/2" of shell over her head now.

Cryssy Jane

WOW at 3. Tiny torso goodness. I put Odin in my SR 32 today and he has exactly an inch over his head, so he would have outgrown it by height recently (he'll be 2 on saturday) and he's 30lbs. I can't understand someone actually carrying the bucket around with a 30lb kiddo though. Man I couldn't even stand carrying S in that thing and she's only 16lbs.

canadiangie

WOW at 3. Tiny torso goodness. I put Odin in my SR 32 today and he has exactly an inch over his head, so he would have outgrown it by height recently (he'll be 2 on saturday) and he's 30lbs. I can't understand someone actually carrying the bucket around with a 30lb kiddo though. Man I couldn't even stand carrying S in that thing and she's only 16lbs.

As soon as it's too heavy to lug around you just lower the handle and leave the seat on the base ... treating it like a convertible seat. Lift the child in and out, instead of the seat.

I have a pic of S in E's SS1 at age 2.5 with at least 2" of shell above her head. She could have made it to 3, I think. As it is she uses the 2nd set of slots rf on a MA and she'll be 4 in June.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oh, I hope you explained to him that your DD had a much shorter torso than average and that the average child wouldn't fit until 3 years old in the SS/SR32/SR35. My DD outgrew it at approx. 19 months.

AtTheSouthDam

Oh, I hope you explained to him that your DD had a much shorter torso than average and that the average child wouldn't fit until 3 years old in the SS/SR32/SR35. My DD outgrew it at approx. 19 months.

Yeah, I explained that she is tiny ;)
I also told him, unless his child was unusually tall it should last well past the nine months and even past the first birthday. And that even fitting at three most kids like sitting a little more upright and they can RF for along time in the MR I was dragging around at the time :D

Could you imagine carrying one who was legs in one? DD2 may fit torso wise but it legs everywhere!

Laurette

How'd you get the MyRide for $89.99? They are on special for $129 right? And with 25% off that comes to $97. Clue me in please?

AtTheSouthDam

How'd you get the MyRide for $89.99? They are on special for $129 right? And with 25% off that comes to $97. Clue me in please?

My receipt has the discounts in a different order. For some reason or another the manager has to override the discounts because the coupon won't take with the sale. So it has the Deco My Ride back at the normal price of $159.99 then 25% taken off of that bringing it to $119.99. Then he took off the $30 discount for the sale, bringing it to $89.99. So just over $97 with tax.

mykidsmylife

Seth would have fit in the KF30 until a few months ago. He turned 3 in Sept. His head is just now even with the top of the shell.

mommycat

Yeah, I explained that she is tiny ;)
I also told him, unless his child was unusually tall it should last well past the nine months and even past the first birthday. And that even fitting at three most kids like sitting a little more upright and they can RF for along time in the MR I was dragging around at the time :D

Could you imagine carrying one who was legs in one? DD2 may fit torso wise but it legs everywhere!

:thumbsup: Awesome! So they will not only have a great infant seat that will last, they will also hopefully get a great convertible and RF longer. :cool:

And hah! imagining little stick legs in tights hanging out of the bucket seat as you walk around.

Jonah Baby

And hah! imagining little stick legs in tights hanging out of the bucket seat as you walk around.

Its a good conversation starter!

One more set of parents that are a step farther from buying a 3-in-1!
So glad that the moron BRU employees didn't get to them before you did.
(I need to grow some of these balls...)

vonfirmath

My son, who isn't particularly tiny, fit until 13 months at least (and I didn't test it again until he was 26 months for various reasons, at which point he was clearly too tall)

He was ~25 pounds though and although I'm a weakling, I didn't see any big deal in carrying him around in the Safeseat for the small distances I had to carry it. I did generally use two hands -- but I did that when he was born (~9 pounds) too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC