How well do you think the Frontier would have done in testing?

Spam

Just curious, I was reading through the nhtsa testing thread and I know the frontier wasn't tested, but how do you think it would have done? The other Britax seats not testing so well, do think the FR would have been good? It's a contant comparison between the FR and GN, and the GN was tested and did really well. I like the steel reinforcement on it and it seems to be a very sturdy seat, does that make it better than the FR? Just curious what others think:)

ADS

tl01

Just curious, I was reading through the nhtsa testing thread and I know the frontier wasn't tested, but how do you think it would have done? The other Britax seats not testing so well, do think the FR would have been good? It's a contant comparison between the FR and GN, and the GN was tested and did really well. I like the steel reinforcement on it and it seems to be a very sturdy seat, does that make it better than the FR? Just curious what others think:)

I wonder about this myself since DS is in a FR. I wish it had been tested. I know that the FR is made of a different type of plastic than the other seats. I wonder if it is stronger or not.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I do not think we can assume the Frontier would test well just because the Nautilus did. They are very different seats made by different manufacturers.

Spam

I do not think we can assume the Frontier would test well just because the Nautilus did. They are very different seats made by different manufacturers.

I was more comparing the FR to other britax seats, I wonder if it would have done just as the marathon or regent did, or if it would have been the one britax seat that tested really well.

The nauti was tested and did very well, so if i were in the market to buy one it would most likely steer me towards the nauti over the fr. When people found out how the marathon did, it was the end of the marathon love and a lot were saying they wouldn't use if ff at all. The regent didn't do too hot either, so just thinking outloud would the frontier have done well when the rest of the manufacturer's seats didn't??

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The nauti was tested and did very well, so if i were in the market to buy one it would most likely steer me towards the nauti over the fr. When people found out how the marathon did, it was the end of the marathon love and a lot were saying they wouldn't use if ff at all. The regent didn't do too hot either, so just thinking outloud would the frontier have done well when the rest of the manufacturer's seats didn't??

I think the Marathon love was over long before the crash tests.

I also don't think we can make assumptions about the Frontier based on other Britax seats because they're so different. It wouldn't surprise me if it did horribly, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did well, either.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Pure, unadulterated, baseless speculation, which should not be given any more weight than it deserves -- but the fact that they *require* a tether past a certain weight suggests that maybe it fails* without the tether at 65#, and if that's true, it makes me wonder how close it is to failing at 62#.

* Shorthand. I know that much of FMVSS testing is based on algorithms, and that seats advertised to 80# don't need to be tested to 80# and all that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC