Blink or Volo?

Blink, volo, or something else for tall DS?

• Britax blink

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Maclaren Volo

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Keep the uppababy g-lite

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Something else..

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

P1ally

Trying to pick a new stroller for DS.. He's pretty tall (40") and the $80 blink is tempting me right now.. I like that the volo is about half the weight of the blink, but I'm tired of flimsy strollers.. Right now we have an uppababy g-lite, which I love, but DS seems to be too tall for it, idk. Maybe I'm just bored :whistle:

Idk, HELLLLP?!?!

ADS

ZephyrBlue

I don't know the seatback height of the Volo or Blink, but I can say from experience that the Volo is anything but flimsy. Super sturdy, pushes like a dream even with a heavier kid in it. That's one of the big reasons why Macs are so awesome- lightweight and sturdy.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yup, Volo's not at all flimsy, I put mine through the ringer and it was always up for more. But the seatback's not very tall, only 21" I think...measure your G-lite to see if it's going to be a gain. Might also try the Chicco Liteway.

Athena

Trying to pick a new stroller for DS.. He's pretty tall (40") and the $80 blink is tempting me right now.. I like that the volo is about half the weight of the blink, but I'm tired of flimsy strollers.. Right now we have an uppababy g-lite, which I love, but DS seems to be too tall for it, idk. Maybe I'm just bored :whistle:

Idk, HELLLLP?!?!

If you were planning to use the 20% off code at diapers.com, you might want to double check because I thought it expired yesterday. So much so I made sure to get my oder in then. But maybe I am wrong or maybe there is a new code? Anyway, you just may want to check if that may change your decision. :)

I didn't think the Uppa and Macs looked that different in height either, but did not measure. I have never seen the blink irl.

msg221

I haven't seen a Blink except online, but I do own a Zooper Twist. Not a widely known brand but I love it. It is very sturdy, can be used up to 55 lbs., has a great shade canopy, easy to push, lightweight, folds up nicely, and comes with accessories you'd normally have to purchase separately (comes with rain cover, cold weather boot/sleeping bag, shade cover and cup holder). It is being sold on Costco.com right now for $159.99. Yes, more than the Blink and Volo, but I think it's worth it. The fabric is super nice, very comfortable and appears that it will last. If you want to check it out, here is the link:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11516281&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|48022|63709&N=4040927&Mo=4&pos=5&No=1&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=63709&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC5397-Cat48022&topnav=

ginny4

i just did a brief search for the blink....it looks nice & has some features that the volo doesn't have, mainly the recline. i think it depends on what you are looking for... supposedly the height from bum to bottom of canopy is 26in on the blink. the volo is also 26in i just measured mine. but i think the actual back seat height MIGHT be taller on the blink. its about 19 in backheight on the volo. right now my sons head is over the top to about tops of ears. he's 40in tall. he's comfy in it & can still take a nap when he's tired. the volo has served us well so far.....
is the blink better? i have no idea....but the cowmoo is awefully adorable. if my DS had a choice today he'd no doubt pick the cow.

I wanted to vote "anything but the Volo" :whistle:

I hated that thing...the handles vibrate when you push it outside and it makes your hands go numb. The wheels are way too small.

he 2 year old I used it for had almost outgrown it and the mesh ripped when he leaned forward while wearing the harness... the harness was attached only the the mesh and it just ripped a hole in it..:rolleyes:

Overpriced and crummy quality- no features at all...buy anything but the Volo.

P1ally

All I need the stroller to do is hold DS, turn really well, and have a small basket. Everything else is just extra. :shrug-shoulders: I have a full sized jogging stroller, so this one will only be used for going to the store really..

ginny4

All I need the stroller to do is hold DS, turn really well, and have a small basket. Everything else is just extra. :shrug-shoulders: I have a full sized jogging stroller, so this one will only be used for going to the store really..

well if that's the case the volo fits the bill.

i know what the PP was talking about it making your hand go numb tho.....on rough pavement (my own street) it did & i had to buy a different stroller for walking up to the bus stop. however my volo is AWESOME for the "on the go", store, mall, errands & an quick i need a place to put a tired kid kind of stroller.

i think the blink would fit the bill too so i just can't vote. they seem so similar. LOL

I like having a few features on a stroller but if this is just for your errand stroller I'd grab a Blink in your situation.

I would eliminate the Volo as an option with the Blink being so much nicer and cheaper. If you can grab a Blink I'd go for it at that price.

The Blink will last longer, is more comfortable, has a nicer seat and adjustable footrest. I'm almost certain that the Blink canopy is far better than the Volo a the Volo was pointless.

Britax strollers are quite popular in England and we've had them for my litle siblings over there...they have been nice and good quality.

For $80-$100 I think the Blink is a good buy.

Athena

I just realized, in addition to the 20% off expiring yesterday, I think the blink sale at diapers.com was only through the 31st so it would now cost $149 (but double check in case I am wrong). :( I was so tempted so it is probably best that I forgot it was ending. :( Sorry for you though. I hope something works out.

I just realized, in addition to the 20% off expiring yesterday, I think the blink sale at diapers.com was only through the 31st so it would now cost $149 (but double check in case I am wrong). :( I was so tempted so it is probably best that I forgot it was ending. :( Sorry for you though. I hope something works out.

I believe that it is still $99 at Albeebaby.com if that helps :eek:

http://search.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=albee-baby&query=blink yep- there you go! Looks like they have them all too.

Does it come with the free travel bag at Albee? It doesn't say that it does so I just wondered.

I'm not sure...I don't own it I was just letting people know their price so that they didn't pay $149 for it at Diapers.com now that their sale is over.

I don't know that I would ever have a use for a bag anyways- after all, if you're traveling with a stroller there is 99% chane you're traveling with a child and that you brought the stroller to put the child in, right? haha just a thought.

I'm sure you can call Albee's 800 number on the top of the website and they'll tell you.

kaleigh71

If you can't find the Blink cheaper, I would go for the Volo. I use mine every school day when dropping off and picking up my 5 and 3 year old from school.

It is so easy to open and close I can do it while holding my 17 month old. I really abuse this thing and it takes the abuse without any issues.

And Diapers.com price matches so if that's easier to order there. :) I only learned about their price matching recently and I am loving it!

Great idea... I didn't think about that.

Albee charges shipping under $100 and their shipping is not as fast. I have ordered from Albee and Diapers.com and they are both great but I would also recommend price matching at Diapers.com because of their free and crazy fast shipping!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC