Question Fabric on the KeyFit?

Laurette

I read a review on Diapers.com that said the fabric on the miro KeyFit was plasticy and made their baby really hot. Is there any truth to this? For those who have Keyfits, can you tell me what the fabric feels like?

ADS

mommyof3tx

I had the extreme and it wasn't plush feeling, but I wouldn't say plasticky, it was still very comfortable for my son. We were in TX summer part of the time he was in it and it was never an issue with making him more hot than something else would have. I loved our keyfit

Cryssy Jane

I had a miro keyfit and didn't find it plasticky. The print is a little shiny but not plastic like. And the black middle fabric is the same material as all the others. Not plush but not scratchy either. I had two different kiddos in and out of there and they never got sweaty or were uncomfortable. Miro and romantic are totally my two favorites.

melniemi

I've had an Iceberg and Miro Keyfit and I don't think either are hot or plasticky. I like the fabric - so easy to wipe down if they get messy.

kphil

I have one that I think is the same fabric--Adventure, maybe?? The black and orange and gray. I actually really dislike the fabric, but wouldn't call it plasticky. It's more like a heavy backpack material or something--feels like a heavyweight nylon. I'm not sure what it actually is, though. Yes, it makes it easier to wipe down, but since I only use it with a little baby, the baby is never eating in that seat or anything, and it just doesn't feel cozy for a tiny baby. We just installed ours today, and I was lamenting the cover when I was putting it on, that I wish I had something different, as it's just not my first choice for what I'd like to put my newborn in (I love the Keyfit itself--LOVE it, just not the material of the cover I have).

kaleigh71

I live in FL and had the KF30 in Extreme for DD2. It was actually cooler than the plush fabric of DD1's Brooke Marathon. DD2 never got sweaty in it at all. I also found it easy to wipe spitup off of, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC