Would you trade a RNXT for a CA??

WhatAboutPuppy

And do you think it would solve my problem. I have an XT and XTSL. Would it be a fair trade to trade the XT for a CA? I can't get an acceptable outboard install of the XT in our '00 Outback and it's really not that safe for him to ride center with his brother outboard... they pick on each other until they are hurting each other. We'd rather this opposed to FF DSS2 but just barely at this point.

Do you think the CA would install outboard? Is it a fair trade or would I have to add some cash or something to the deal?

ADS

gsdguenter

gee, I'd love to trade my CA for a RNXT or XTSL! RNs install super easy in our cars and my DD gets carsick in the CA. I'm not sure if it's the big wings or the way the clip presses against her.

clmchrissy

And do you think it would solve my problem. I have an XT and XTSL. Would it be a fair trade to trade the XT for a CA? I can't get an acceptable outboard install of the XT in our '00 Outback and it's really not that safe for him to ride center with his brother outboard... they pick on each other until they are hurting each other. We'd rather this opposed to FF DSS2 but just barely at this point.

Do you think the CA would install outboard? Is it a fair trade or would I have to add some cash or something to the deal?

I think it would be a fair trade for the RNXT since they are still selling new for $240 ish on some sites. If it works for you then that's what you may have to do.

Cryssy Jane

I have traded a rnxt for a ca. The Ca works soo much better in the van. I think it was a great trade. :) I'm not a big fan of the CA but it works where I need it so it's serving it's purpose.

canadiangie

If the CA will install better and keep your LO rf for longer then it's sort of a no-brainer to me. Would a TFP work or do you need a 40lb rf limit?

WhatAboutPuppy

gee, I'd love to trade my CA for a RNXT or XTSL! RNs install super easy in our cars and my DD gets carsick in the CA. I'm not sure if it's the big wings or the way the clip presses against her.

Wanna trade?
I need to get the car to BRU and try out the CA.

If the CA will install better and keep your LO rf for longer then it's sort of a no-brainer to me. Would a TFP work or do you need a 40lb rf limit?

I guess it is a no brainer. My concerns are safety as far as seat construction, how long we can use the seat, RF tethering, and ease of use.
The TFP wont work for us. He is 27 months (2 years, 3 months) and 34 pounds. He also has a 15" torso so I don't feel comfortable with the MR... I just don't think it will meet my requirement of getting us to a safe booster age.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I would love to trade too - I love the CA for the install in my car, but I NEED a new boot Radian for installing in DH's. It's the only thing that'll fit in the middle position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC