Reassure me that Flora is ok for a little guy!

Cattitude

I love Flora :love:. It's my first choice for the XTSL that I'm going to buy in 2 weeks. My DS is 17 months. DH thinks it's WAY too feminine :rolleyes:. I know others have bought it for their little boys.

Reassure me that DS won't hate it when he's a bit older? I can always get a new cover right?
My next choice is Nitro, which I do like the color, but not crazy about the mesh. Then Bentley which is okay but just kind of dull.

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
If I end up getting Flora (I don't get a choice of colors), I'd be willing to trade you and cover your shipping costs if I could get you to order a Petal. :) Mine will hopefully be here this week.

love-pink

I love Flora :love:. It's my first choice for the XTSL that I'm going to buy in 2 weeks. My DS is 17 months. DH thinks it's WAY too feminine :rolleyes:. I know others have bought it for their little boys.

Reassure me that DS won't hate it when he's a bit older? I can always get a new cover right?
My next choice is Nitro, which I do like the color, but not crazy about the mesh. Then Bentley which is okay but just kind of dull.

my ds2 has a flora! he loves it hes going to be 4 at the end of march. and its in my car so dh dosent really have a say in it. his truck is a whole different story!! lol i say go for it! there are a ton of people that would buy it or trade with you if he ever decided he didnt like it :thumbsup:

Maedze

I don't think it's 'feminine'. It reminds me of the Hawaiian shirts my DH wears, and he's very much a man's man.

Cattitude

my ds2 has a flora! he loves it hes going to be 4 at the end of march. and its in my car so dh dosent really have a say in it. his truck is a whole different story!! lol i say go for it! there are a ton of people that would buy it or trade with you if he ever decided he didnt like it :thumbsup:

Good to hear! And it is going in my car so DH really has no say anyway :whistle:.

I urge you to read this article and have your DH do the same: http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2009/dec/12/pinkstinks-the-power-of-pink

Pink has only recently been a feminine colour at all!

Weel Flora isn't pink but I get your point. I asked DH what he would say if when DS gets older he wanted a bright pink seat. He said "that would be fine because it would be what he wants". He really doesn't have an issue with it, I just asked him his opinion and I got it :rolleyes:.

tiggercat

My hubby doesn't like the flora for our son either. I think it is more to do with the flowers than the colour (he isn't a fan of flowery stuff period, for our daughter either).

WhatAboutPuppy

Ok, the Flora is obviously flowery but the colors are definitely not girly at all in my opinion. DF could really care less about any color of any seat we have but also said it's a gender neutral seat in his opinion. So, it's now my favorite cover we own out of anything! :love:

amyd

DH loves our Flora. We also have a Nitro cover on the way as a spare. Here, does this help convince you;)

Pinxtcropped.jpg

mum2two

It's fine, my DS had to have his sisters Ashley Floral yellow seat when she moved into a Frontier, he had no love for his tan seat in my IL's car...FIL on the other hand reluctantly agreed.

Cattitude

amyd and calideedle, love the pics! Too cute! They definitely convinced me that boys look awesome in Flora :love:. I can't wait to get it. Now if they IRS would just hurry up and deposit my $.

Thanks everyone!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
The US is like the only country to have girl and boy colors. I had a lady at the store ask me once if Olivia was a girl and I was shocked b/c she has a PINK carseat and is always in pink etc. The lady was from Egypt and I guess boys wear pink all the time. Same w/ my friend from Iraq, she says boys and girls don't have seperate colors.

amyd

The US is like the only country to have girl and boy colors. I had a lady at the store ask me once if Olivia was a girl and I was shocked b/c she has a PINK carseat and is always in pink etc. The lady was from Egypt and I guess boys wear pink all the time. Same w/ my friend from Iraq, she says boys and girls don't have seperate colors.

Yep, boys wear pink all the time in Egypt. Often the only way to tell is that girls usually have their ears pierced when they are very small.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC