In Search Of Anyone thinking about selling their digital SLR?

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I am going to buy an SLR (Nikon or Canon) this week but wanted to check here first and see if anyone is selling one:D

If I buy brand new I will get the Nikon D3000 because the kits w/lenses are cheap on Amazon right now (less than $500). Or I might get the D5000 if it isn't too much more $$ but I don't see myself ever using the video camera function.

I don't have a preference really I just want one cheap! Let me know if you are selling or kicking around the idea!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm not selling mine (it is old, but I love it!), but I just wanted to tell you that I think the D3000 is pretty cool. My BIL has one and I like it. It is not super-fancy, but it has all the bells and whistles that he needs at this point.
My dad has a D90 and it is AMAZING. I love that camera! He got it for Christmas and I have been coveting it since.

Then there is the one I want... my friend's D3x. *Drool* I want that camera! It is SO far out of my price range, however, that I know I will never have it.

My Nikon D50 is five years old, and is WAY obsolete by now, but I love it. It is a workhorse. When it comes time to replace it, I will look into a higher-end camera, but, for now, I will keep my old, yet reliable camera. :eek:

If you are deciding between the D5000 and D90 (if you decide not to go with the D3000, that it), I would get a D90. Ken Rockwell, who is a very credible source on cameras, prefers the D90 over many of the higher-end cameras. It is an amazing piece of equipment. :)

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Thanks for all the info Patriot!

My sister has the D90 and she loves it. I have used it a few times and I agree it is very nice. I thought they were discontinued though? For some reason I thought the D5000 replaced the D90? I will look around and see if I can find a D90 and how much they run.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Thanks for all the info Patriot!

My sister has the D90 and she loves it. I have used it a few times and I agree it is very nice. I thought they were discontinued though? For some reason I thought the D5000 replaced the D90? I will look around and see if I can find a D90 and how much they run.

Hmmm... maybe the D5000 did replace the D90. I'm not sure.

Lys

Senior Community Member
I have been thinking of selling my Rebel XT since Christmas to fund a Canon 50D.
It has a vertical grip, kit lens and carry bag as well as all manuals, discs and boxes.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I have been thinking of selling my Rebel XT since Christmas to fund a Canon 50D.
It has a vertical grip, kit lens and carry bag as well as all manuals, discs and boxes.

I LOVE the 50D and the body is a tad bit bigger than the Rebel series cameras. Feels more like a professional. I got the grip too and a extra battery. I got mine in December 08. Havn't used my XTi much since. I'm still keeping it as a back up though. The only draw back that I have is that I have a cordless remote for my XTi that doesn't work with the 50D.

Lys

Senior Community Member
I LOVE the 50D and the body is a tad bit bigger than the Rebel series cameras. Feels more like a professional. I got the grip too and a extra battery. I got mine in December 08. Havn't used my XTi much since. I'm still keeping it as a back up though. The only draw back that I have is that I have a cordless remote for my XTi that doesn't work with the 50D.

I have borrowed a friend's 30D and LOVE it. Can't find them anymore and the 50D is basically the same as a 40D but not much $$ more. Might as well buy new.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Do you know how much you would ask for it?:D

Online, the XT is going for $399 used w/ lens.
So, with everything- bag, grip, memory card, etc. $500+ actual shipping ??

I don't know if I can get rid of it though. I may keep it as a back up.

Misty-Bug

I would go with the D3000 personally. That is a good price. It is a step up from the D40. The D5000 replaced the D90 as far as I know. Personally I wouldn't buy a DSLR with a video option because I like to keep those seperate. Although I do see the point.

Go with the D3000. Then you will have the warranty on both the body and lens. I always buy new because I like to have the warranties.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I stopped by Costco today and felt the Canon and the Nikon in my hands (since everyone says that is important) and I like the way the Nikon felt a lot better. So I am going with that and I think I will just get the D3000 since it is so cheap and after some research the difference between it and the D5000 are not that much other than video which I would never use.

Thanks for everyones help!

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Ok I have no idea what I "need" to go with the camera other than the great 50 lens I always hear about on here.

I was going to buy this one[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6G-Accessory/dp/B002MXPOYK/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2"]http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6G-Accessory/dp/B002MXPOYK/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_2[/ame]

And then buy that 50 lens.

Any help...GREATLY APPRECIATED!:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC