Shell Height

swtgi1982

Can anyone tell me the shell height on the Symphony65 in tallest RF position? Trying to decide which child will get it when it comes. If someone has comparison pics to a scenera that would be great too (height wise for RF).

ADS

InternationalMama

In the manual it says that the Symphony must be in the lowest position for rear facing, but people have confirmed with reps from Evenflo that it can be in the second to lowest position. I wonder which measurement is listed on the spreadsheet?

swtgi1982

So I guess since it basically is the same as the scenera then when I get it DD will be using it FF and DS will get her CA.

MomToEliEm

According to this blog entry, the shell height is 23". My DH has the car right now or I would have measured it myself.

I will go and add that other measurement and make a note to use the 23" RF on the master spreadsheet (still working on it but hope to have it finished up soon). If someone can confirm that it is 23" rearfacing by measuring. I would appreciate it though (just to be sure).

armywife12

I don't have a measurement but I am almost positive it goes higher than a scenera. My 29 month old has a torso around 14.5-14.75 and is now too tall to rf in the scenera. We were at Target just a few days ago and I tried him in the symphony. I am pretty sure I had the headrest in the second position and he still had several inches left above his head, maybe even more than in his myride. You all make me want to to back and double check though. Lol

SavsMom

My daughter is in a Symphony rear facing now and has plenty of room to grow height wise - she is still able to use it on the first setting rear facing, once we move it up to the second setting she will have tons of room above her to grow. While I don't have a measurment at this time I am almost certain there has to be more room than the Scenera.

InternationalMama

The article linked to above says the shell height in the second position is the same as the EFTA, which is definitely taller than the Scenera. It is one of the tallest shells on the market.

swtgi1982

The article linked to above says the shell height in the second position is the same as the EFTA, which is definitely taller than the Scenera. It is one of the tallest shells on the market.

good thanks that means DD can stay ERFing longer it will make her so happy not to pass her seat down:love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC