Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

The first years true fit booster

What is this? Is it new? Old? A changed name?
    http://www.target.com/First-Years-Tr...Booster%20Seat
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 16 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 13 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 11 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 9 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (frontier), and dd5 age 1 (rfing radian r120)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: The first years true fit booster

My guess is a typo on Target's part
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Probably a name change, since Learning Curve bought Compass a couple years ago....
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
    Probably a name change, since Learning Curve bought Compass a couple years ago....
    This is what I was going to say.

The 1st review on it (I know, I shouldn't read them, but I can't help myself)

We bought this booster seat for my 2 year old son (tall for his age) because of how his feet would hang & kick the driver seat from his convertible carseat in my husband's pickup truck. My son fits the minimum requirements for height & weight, but I think the weight minimum should be higher because I can see the seat wobble a little bit because of the low weight sitting on it. The cup holders are in easy reach for him and seem more sturdy then the Evenflo convertible seat ones. Having 2 cup holders is also nice because he can put his sippy cup in one and a few of his small toys in the other. He has taken a nap in the car seat and his head didn't flop forward, it laid perfectly on the side head rest. The side head rests are a perfect width to support his head and to not block his view out the window. It is also nice that once he gets too tall for this seat that we can take the back off and still use the booster part. The arm rests can even fold up to the side of the seat back in case he wants them out of the way. Loved the fact that this booster seat came already assembled, I remember reading reviews on others saying other brands did not. I think we will buy a 2nd one once he outgrows the convertible seat in my car.
    Ummm - if you think it's not stable and can even put that it should have a higher weight min. on it - WHY in the world would you continue to use it? Not even getting into the my son is 2 part

Madeline - 10/2005
    Marshall - 4/2009
    Merric - 9/2011

Carseat Crazy

I wish you could comment on reviews........

Hillary
    Laila (1-10-05) Harmony Literider, Graco Turbobooster, Jaylee (1-24-06) Recaro ProBooster, Turbobooster, Evy (9-7-12) Radian 80SL, First Years True Fit

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Not to mention it doesn't turn into a backless (unless I'm wrong) and the armrests have to be down when in use. I hope she never puts that seat to the test!

(this is why I come here for reviews if I need to read some, not amazon or target or bru).

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 61", 99#, seatbelt
    laine 9/16/09, 46", 54#, Diono Monterey, Chicco KidFit Zip Air
    in a 2015 BMW M235i, and my 2011 Mercedes E350 wagon