Friend riding w/ handle up on Baby Trend Flex loc

todzwife

And I TOLD her it was supposed to be down!:eek:
I'm not going to say anything else. She's not very concerned about car seat safety. Her 4 YO is in NOTHING, as are her 6 and 8 year olds. :thumbsdown:

ADS

tjham

Well, you tried.

I usually say something once and that's it, (unless it's for my grandkids ;).)

You can't do much to help people who KNOW what's best and won't do it. :(

ntrenary

Did you tell her why? some people need to know what can happen if they don't put the handle down, keep their kids in boosters, get rid of expired seats.....

Jonah Baby

Several seats allow for the handle to be left up and I believe that the BT Flex Loc is one of them.
One should be absolutely certain, of course, before doing.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
No, it can't be up in this particular case because the Baby Trend Flex Loc and other Baby Trend infant seat models don't allow the handle to be up in the carrying position in the car.

todzwife

Did you tell her why? some people need to know what can happen if they don't put the handle down, keep their kids in boosters, get rid of expired seats.....

Of course I told her why. I was pretty sad to see that less than a week later she was back to keeping it up. And she never did put her 4 YO back in a booster seat.:thumbsdown:

I honestly think that she thinks that because they drive a HUGE car (Caddy esclade) that her kids would be fine in a crash.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC