Fisher Price Safe Voyage Infant Seat/Carrier

D

dani_lynn

My review of this seat is that I love it. I love that it is manufactured by Britax. It is so similar to the Britax Companion that really the only difference I could find was that I couldn't choose the print for the cover (and I spent alot of time comparing them). Oh and of course, the price. I got the FP travel system for what I would have paid for the Companion alone.

It is a little heavier than other seats, like the Snugride. But, I don't mind as my husband is usually the one to carry it. I tend to use the stroller more or place it in a shopping cart. (No, not on top of the cart, but actually in the basket). The extra weight is worth it to have the anti-rebound bar to me.

Installation was very easy using the LATCH in my 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix. However, I did find that I could not get the base in tight enough if I had to use my seat belts. But we used it without the base in my husband's Chevy Silverado Z71 and his belt system with no problem.

The only thing that I don't really like about it is that the carrying handle is difficult to move...especially once it's installed in the base and I am trying to move it out of carry position to traveling position. Having to lean completely over the car seat to reach the other side with my whole hand to push in that large grey area is not convenient.

But again, overall, I love this seat and wouldn't change my decision to purchase/use it.

ADS

Amaris

The thing I didn't like about this seat was that it was only available as a travel system. We looked at the seat and loved it, but the stroller just didn't do it for us. If we had been able to purchase the seat alone we may have gone with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC