Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Ideas

Need Ideas

Still searching for the Regent, so far, its a no, till next month. I've been debating on waiting for the Recaro, since at this point, I need to go find something in the store, to replace the seat my oldest is in right now.
    Any ideas on what I could use? Something cheaper, but obviously safe. I'd also end up sticking it in my husbands truck, or keeping it as a 3rd seat for the grandparents visits. (cause I keep explaining to everyone that I don't want to be taking the seats in and out ALL the time)

So between the Regent and the Recaro?What do you guys think is really the best, safety wise. The ease of it, honestly, I'll get it in my car and secure.
    I know someone said the recaro is going to go up to 70 harnessed. And the regent goes to 80 (which those ten pounds could make a difference if we start seeing some growth spurt) Does anyone know what the Recaro's height will be? I thought someone said the Recaro was going to have the height taller than what the Regent's is? I mean my son is already 41' at three, I really want him to be in this Harness till 6 if not longer, when he's completely hit the max everything, is when I'll just have to move him into a booster (sigh) I would much rather put him in the booster when he's 10. I'd keep him in a booster till 15 if I could LoL.

I know the drivers in this area, they aren't that great, and I don't know how many times I've seen cars run red lights, Thank God we were paying attention before going. (and twice its happened coming off of a military base)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

And I hope you guys know

How much myself, and I am sure others who have just started their research as well, how much we appreciate ALL of the advice and help you have given us. I know personally, I do. I have been coming off as a crazed car seat mommy since I watched that video, searched for help with car seats, and found this site.
    I'll admit, the video of Kyle Miller (which was posted on a bulletin by one of my friends) got me rethinking car seats for my kids. So I started thinking about it and tried searching for the crash test ratings and such. I never would have imagined spending 300 on one car seat, let alone 600 on two prior to finding this site. But since I've recieved all the advice you guys have given me, It's come out that the money is DEFINATELY worth it. Their life for 600 bucks. I'd spend 1000 a peice if I had to, (I'll admit I'm glad I don't have to)

So from my family, to you guys. (All of you) THank you so much!!!

Carseat Crazy

Re: And I hope you guys know

The Regent is in stock at http://www.babylove.com Mine only took two days to arrive through UPS ground. You can check transit times here: http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US Baby love would be shipping from Lauderdale Lakes 33313
    total shipment weight is 30 lbs
    check "time in transit only"

Ours is arriving today!!!

No one knows anything about the Recaro. Yes, we *think* we know, but we don't know know. We know what we've been told, which is probably accurate but might not be. Until someone sees it, it just plain doesn't exist.
    And I have to say something about what you mentioned on ease of use- no matter how determined you are, sometimes it just doesn't happen. I was very determined to get the Radian in my car. And despite having TWO very skilled people trying to install it, I couldn't make it work. It's not all about determination!

At this point, I would probably say to get a Radian or Apex for your oldest. However, since he IS under forty pounds, a 40 pound seat with a high top slot might work well for now. It could then be used as a spare for the baby down the line.

Carseat Crazy

Staying home until a safe seat is available is always something to consider!

Quote Originally Posted by wondering1 View Post
    Staying home until a safe seat is available is always something to consider!
    Hahaha I wish that was possible. Unforunately it's not, with my husbands neverending changing schedule. I've always got to go out for something at some point in time. Taking youngest to his checkup, getting formula because we run out of it so fast. Military life doesn't really leave room for a spouse to work, let alone for them to have alot of help from the one in the military.

Forunately, though, when I do my errands, I tend to get them done in one day (depending on what all is needed to be done of course) So I actually am home quite a bit more than I am out. I just know this week has been a BUSSSY week.

I'm looking into ordering the Regent now.

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

If your vehicle has headrests the Apex is a good interim choice.

The upcoming Recaro's top slots are supposed to be 19". I just measured my Husky (same as Regent), and pushing down to simulate my dd's 50 pound weight in the seat, I get 20" to the top slots.

My dd was too tall for a Britax Marathon months ago but is still below the second-to-top slots of the Husky. She is off the charts for height and was 42 inches at 3. She will be able to use a Husky/Regent until she's at least 8.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche