I love Strawberry Shake!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
My Coccoro came yesterday and then of course DH took my laptop and I just got it back. The wait on posting these about killed me, lol. Here's all my Coccoro pics, some from when Liv first tried it at 6 wks. :) http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f157/carseatqueen/Combi/Coccoro/ It's freezing outside and I still wanted to use the infant seat but I couldn't NOT put it in. Evan stayed home from school today so I figured I wouldn't have to take her in and out any so we'd try it today. It was like 5 degrees when I put it in this morning. :whistle: It went in super fast w/ seatbelt, it was amazing. I didn't need a noodle or anything. I tried LATCH first and it wasn't working and I think it's going to need a noodle. It's the strangest thing.

With the insert, which I think she looks silly w/. You can see how far below her shoulders the straps come.
DSCN0053.jpg
DSCN0057.jpg

W/out insert on the 2nd slots.
DSCN0063.jpg
DSCN0079.jpg

Seatbelt install. Is there any additional benefit to having the seatbelt behind the seat like that?
DSCN0077.jpg

Here's Ilana in the seat. She's just under the top slots, but too tall to rf.
DSCN0068.jpg
DSCN0070.jpg

ADS

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
VERY cute!!!!! OK, obviously I've never installed one of these or read the manual. Seems like a very odd install? Obviously I've not read much about this seat. The shoulder belt is back behind the seat?

Cryssy Jane

The seatbelt wrapped provides more stability for me. I think it's also suppose to help with rebounding, but I don't remember. Liv looks super cute!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't have locking shoulder belts, just at the buckle so it doesn't do anything for me right now, lol. It was super easy though, I was quite impressed. I can't wait till it's warm and I can try it in other vehicles.

katiesmommy

I would think the shoulder belt thing would work somewhat like an Australian tether, sort of preventing (or at least lessening) over rotation.

Maedze

It's installed like European Group 1 seats. The seatbelt reduces over-rotation (not rebound). It's a very cute little seat.

crunchierthanthou

It's installed like European Group 1 seats. The seatbelt reduces over-rotation (not rebound). It's a very cute little seat.

both the Combi and Britax reps have stated it helps with rebound as well (Euro routing as seen here and Aussie tether as allowed by Britax convertibles). It can't prevent it, but serves to lessen it. The main benefit is to prevent over rotation, but by reducing how far forward the seat moves (and absorbing some of the crash energy), it also reduces the rebound. That was my understanding, anyway.

OP, I miss my strawberry shake! I was just thinking that this morning when I was finding some rf CCO pics for another post. :love: Also, the third slot is acceptable for rf if you want to use the insert. Only the top and bottom are restricted for forward or rear facing.

Kat_Momof3

so precious...

I think the advantage to that seatbelt routing is two things

1. prevents downward rotation at the top of the seat (much like bracing a carseat)

2. keeps shoulderbelt where baby can't decide to play with it (aka... hook it around their foot and either cut off circulation there, or bring it up to the neck and strangle themselves)

And as one who also has a Caravan and knows those seatbelts, I'd route the belt around it like that because my daughter was one to mess with the shoulderbelt if I installed her Marathon with it after a certain age.

And since you said it installs more easily without a pool noodle if you use the seatbelt, that's how I'd install it.... I just might switch her and Ilana's seating position IF you can get a good easy install with latch on the Avenue... because that would make it easier to get to the third row for the kiddos back there (well, AJ... I'm sure you still heft Evan over the third row bench to load him)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Cute kids and seat! I want one of those seats as well as a Evenflo Triumph Advance. Won't happen though. :rolleyes:

What does this seat look like naked? I'm trying to figure out how the seat belt goes through the RF belt path and then the shoulder belt can wrap around the back of the seat. :scratcheshead:

crunchierthanthou

What does this seat look like naked? I'm trying to figure out how the seat belt goes through the RF belt path and then the shoulder belt can wrap around the back of the seat. :scratcheshead:

there are naked pics here - http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=801147#post801147

also, check out the review on carseatblog.com. The 4th row of pictures shows the beltpath and the routing. Only the lap portion goes under the guides, and the lock-off only goes on the shoulder portion.

InternationalMama

It's installed like European Group 1 seats.

Random point, but I think you mean Group 0. Group 1 seats in the EU are usually forward facing and those that aren't usually use foot props to prevent over-rotation (for example) not that seatbelt routing. That type of routing is common on Group 0 and O+ though (0-9kg and 0-13kg).

I would love a strawberry shake Coccoro!

crunchierthanthou

Random point, but I think you mean Group 0. Group 1 seats in the EU are usually forward facing and those that aren't usually use foot props to prevent over-rotation (for example) not that seatbelt routing. That type of routing is common on Group 0 and O+ though (0-9kg and 0-13kg).

that's not random at all. Thanks for the clarification. :)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
We just bought a new to us van today so where the seats are now don't matter, lol. I however don't heft Evan anywhere, he climbs in the side door by Olivia and climbs back in his seat and buckles himself in. He would not be rfing back there if he couldn't buckle himself in, it's just too annoying for me. :) Now we have captain's chairs, which I didn't want but couldn't pass up the price on the van, so we're going to have to rearrange everyone. I'm thinking Evan and Ilana in the 3rd row and AJ and Liv in the 2nd. I just need to try all the seats out on Monday and see what works.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Thanks! We're still waiting on that perfect booster too, lol. I'm about to put AJ back in his GN and he's none to happy. Our 3rd row has a dip and it makes him lean and he's never in the right position. I hate having to look at him all the time. I think the new van will help that.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Wow you got a Radian RF in the 3rd row of a Silhouette? I am impressed. I couldn't do it in my friend's Olds or my Venture, but she has captains chairs and I have modular seats, so it must make some difference.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC