It's a boy

Splash

My sister in law had her baby.

He doesn't have a name yet.
8 pounds, 14 ounces. 20.5 inches
Born by cesarean, under general anesthesia.
Mike wants to name it. AJ said he needs to wait until Jessica wakes up.

Please god don't let them name is Satan spelled backwards.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Congrats to them. This one is going to be properly restrained, yes? How were they all doing after their accident?

Wendy

Splash

Hmph. I doubt it. Her "I want my kid safe" attitude only lasted for a few days, unfortunately.
Seeing as how her infant seat is a Connection (NOT easy to install) and they won't let anyone help them, I doubt that it'll be right. Oh well, not my problem any more.

She's doing fine. The surgeon did a great job on her face. The cut extends from right at the corner of her eye (ick) back towards her temple and then down about 1.5-2 inches. That's the only lasting damage I think. Zach was sore for a few days starting about two days after, but he's okay. I don't know (and don't really care!) how Mike fared.
They bought a 2003 or 2004 Odyssey and Zach is in an Eddie Bauer 3n1, forward facing with twisted belt and no tether (last I saw). But at least the belt was reasonably tight and she did have his harness tighter than I have ever seen. So it's better, if nor perfect.

I'm trying to be more excited about this kid, and I'm just not. All the crap I've watched them do to Zach over the last year kind of has me jaded. We were hoping this one would be a girl, so she might feel more connected to it or something. I'm sure she loves Zach in her way, but not a normal way.

I want to know what the kid's name is. Maybe then it'll feel more real.

SPJ&E

Congratulations on the new family member! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they don't name his Satan backwards!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Congrats...! And I hope he's properly restrained - seemed that they would've learned their lesson, ya know? If not, then I guess we'll get to hear more of the entertaining carseat sagas...

JaRylan

Hi Splash,
Congratulations on your new nephew. Not sure what else to say...here's to hoping they realize some day. Any name yet?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Congratulations!!

I hope they "wake up" soon and discover that they have an amazing gift... two healthy children. I hope they soon learn to appreciate that.

Congratulations to Aunt Splash and Aunt Wally! :)

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Congratulations!!

I hope they "wake up" soon and discover that they have an amazing gift... two healthy children. I hope they soon learn to appreciate that.

Congratulations to Aunt Splash and Aunt Wally! :)

Ditto.. Some of us would give our eye teeth(and MUCH more) to be lucky enough to have 2 kids........

Congrats on the new nephew!

Splash

No name yet... Mike has moved on from Braizen to Rain (although I suspect he wants to spell it Reign). She wants Andrew (oh please please please name him Andrew).

Yeah, I wish they realized how lucky they are. She actually told us once that we were LUCKY because Charlie was so sick. WTF? She said it's not fair that WE get a sick child and get all the attention. Trust me, I'd gladly give back whatever "attention" we get (and I don't think we do) to have a normal healthy kid.

She was awake this morning, AJ talked to her for a bit. She sent Mike home last night so she could sleep, and sent the baby to the nursery.

They did a general because her epidural wasn't working. It didn't work with Zachary either (though his was a vaginal birth). The kid was posterior and she was on pitocin in the stranded beetle position, so I'm not surprised nothing happened and I am sure it hurt like heck. She was at 9 cm for a few hours before the doctor decided to section her. Since the epi wasn't doing anything, they decided to spare her the pain she will not spare her child, and knock her out before cutting her open. Hopefully some of the drugs stay in the baby for a few days.

I think AJ's going up there (Savannah, GA) this weekend. I'm not going. I have no desire to see them or have anything to do with the situation. God I sound so negative. I hate feeling this way about her. Oh well.

Anyway, no name yet. Cross your fingers for Andrew!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Congrats to you on healthy baby nephew :D

(I'm being snobby today & refuse to wish them a congrats -- when they let you help with the carseats, they get my congrats) :p

arly1983

It is hard to develope feelings for a child when you know that they will not get the love, attention, and care they deserve. Espeacially when it is in your own family. You think that if you keep your distance it will not feel as bad when you see them mistreated. I totally understand where you are coming from. I and my family have been dealing with this with my uncle. He and his wife have 6 children( ages 16 yrs-7 months). I honestly don't know why people who don't care for children keep having them. I can only credit their current well being with luck. I found myself in the same position you are in when my last cousin was born, I didn't want to go to the hospital. He and my youngest daughter are the same age. I hope that your family situation changes for the best. I still hope for my own.

Congrats to Auntie Splash & Auntie AJ! I'll skip the fake woo-hoos for the parents as well. So I'm guessing she sees this accident as a fortunate incident for garnering sympathy...? :rolleyes: That scar should be a daily reminder of how close she came to losing the life she's blessed to have, but will probably have the opposite effect-- a badge of honor for an attention-seeker. Sickening. :(

Crossing fingers for Andrew...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC