Frontier 85

dhardawa

Hmm... So much for Britax not re-designing the Frontier. I received this from my rep today.

Beginning March 29th we will begin shipping a new Frontier model, the Frontier 85. In addition to having an 85 pound harnessed weight capacity we have increased the top harness height as well as incorporated integrated cup holders and have also redesigned the belt path for an easier installation.

It goes on to talk about the regular Frontier which it appears is being replaced because they are running out the stock of those.

ADS

Mommy0608

WHAT?! GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, I should have known that would happen a few months after I buy a Frontier. :(

Lemonade

Very interesting. Can't wait to see it. I already own 2 of the 'old' version and do not need any more seats. Ever. (as if)

steph_s

The increased weight limit isn't really necessary, but I'm happy to see they have increased the harness heights! For kids like my son who is 5 almost 6 and on the last slot of the Regent and my friends dd who is on the second to top slot of the Regent at 3years 4 months of age the Frontier might actually be an option for taller kids. I was really upset about them discontinuing the Regent because of the Frontier's lower harness height. For kids with long torso's like our kids the Regent is the only option. My son would have outgrown the Frontier at 4 and her dd is just at the top slots of the Frontier installed in her car (although she gets a tad more room if it's installed in my car).

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I own two of these already so I don't reallly need one but I'm going to be so mad if this one has a cowmooflage cover. :hitselfonhead:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hopefully it's at least as high as a Regent. THEN it can say it's the Regent's replacement. Which would make sense as they planned on running out of those at the end of 2009...

Need more info!

Wendy

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I hope the harness is at least a full inch higher -- even so, it's not likely to actually fit an 85# child (nor do most 85# children need to be harnessed), so I suspect the increased weight is mostly for bragging rights.

InternationalMama

Is this the Britax secret that Judi knew during the ABC show but then it was never revealed???

Or does everybody already know what that secret was except for me?

MomToGupCPST

Senior Community Member
I just got this same email! I wonder what all the changes are! It said over the next few weeks we will see a new spec. sheet and the MSRP. . .

I can't wait!

ETA: the I guess I can't read. The email says that price will stay the same for the new model.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC