Blink vs Kooper ? pros + cons

kidnurse

I am looking for an umbrella type stroller, or more acurately a stroller with the umbrella style fold. I have looked at the Kooper more than once, and decided against it at the time because the sun shade was not as big as I would have liked it to be, we lived in Phoenix at that time. That is no longer an issue and now I am once again stroller shopping. I am not overly tall, but tall enough that handle height is an issue, also I have had problems in the past with kicking the break bar when I walk, I tend to walk fairly fast. I am wondering if anyone has experience with either of these stroller and could share with me some of their pros and cons. I am leaning more towards the Kooper because I prefer the front wheels it has over those on the Blink.

Any comment? Like, dislike ?

ADS

2BunniesMommy

Never played with or even seen a Kooper except for online, but I do have a Blink. Before it I had a Combi Soho DX, or something like that and a Fisher Price Safe Voyage stroller. The Blink is soooo much smoother than either of those. It is not only the only stroller I have even been able to steer one handed it is actually the only one I have been able to push one handed even going straight. So, a big upgrade for me. Depending on what you are coming from...who knows what you would think of it.

Mine is about to be exchanged by Britax because 2 cross bars get stuck in the back and I can't unfold it at the moment. I hope this is just a defect with my stroller and not an issue for Blinks in general, but I guess I time will tell on that. I like how easy it is to set up and adjust, I love the canopy.

The Kooper is not very lightweight...I don't really like it and would choose several others before it. A family I sit for has one and I just don't think it's all that great...then again I don't like the Joovy Caboose either- it handles terribly...

I think they could have made it a lot lighter...it's jut bulky to be classified as lightweight" IMO.

kidnurse

DisneyWorldNanny

Do you have any recommendations for a stroller that folds umbrella style, has high handles, and good size basket underneath?

flutie128

I love my Maclaren Techno XT. I cannot plus the Mac Quest or Volo without kicking the wheels but the Techno XT I can push without any problems. I also love my Baby Jogger City Elite for the same reason. The Baby Jogger City Mini I kick the wheels or the back bar when I was pushing it in the store. I am 5'9", walk fast and take long strides.

I'd probably suggest a Peg Perego Pliko P3... it's much better than the Kooper IMO by far...has all the features of a full size stroller but with a compact fold. It's not terribly lightweight but you get a lot packed in for the size. I am suggesting this because of the adjustable handles....it suits taller people better. I have a Pliko Lite and I find it just a little on the short side or else I'd suggest that....the Lite's handles do not adjust. Maclarens are so expensive and they have no features....sure people love them but I just can't stand not having a decent basket, cup holder, tray option or decent canopy. The Pliko has pretty much everything- I don't care for any other stroller by Peg Perego other than the Pliko and the Pliko Lite.

If Ithink of any others I'll add them but as far as the tall handles go, the Pliko might be a nice stroller for you... You can find them on Craigslist by the dozen usually.

kidnurse

Thanks for the suggestions. I still don't know what to do, I just can't get past the small double front wheels. Had a hell of a time with similar wheels back when I was younger and used to babysit alot, I won't say how many decades ago that was!! But the experiences did stick with me enough that I just have a very hard time considering a stroller with wheels that are similar to the ones I had such a hard time with. I go off the beaten path at times, and I am afraid of stuff getting stuck in small double wheels. Currently I have a BJ CM, I like it alot but it has no real storage space and we will be traveling in a couple of months and I know I will need room for diaper bag, etc. in the airport at the very least.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

kidnurse

Well I went ahead and ordered the Kooper. I was going nuts trying to decide based on pics on-line. I hate not being able to play with everything 1st, and preferably in the same store to compare side by side. I have played with the Kooper in BRU and love the way it handles, it is not the lightest out there but I am going for manuverability. Also I combined a couple of deals at diapers.com to bring the price down to $143 and wanted to make sure I got in on that deal. Worst case diapers.com is suppost to have a no hassle return policy so I can send it back if need be. Also I found 24 or 25 reviews for it at a place called Test Freaks (or something like that), all but 1 review were very positive.

Thanks all for the advice and information.:)

luvsviola

I was playing with the Kooper last night and think I'm going to get one for our next Disney trip. The Mac sunshade just isn't good enough, and the Kooper folds really small. The cup holders kind of sealed the deal.

ZephyrBlue

OP, you're welcome to play with my Mac Techno XT if you decide not to keep the Kooper for whatever reason. It's supposed to be great for taller people because the handles are height-adjustable (I'm only 5'1", lol, but it would be a nice feature if I was taller!)

I love the green Kooper!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC