Booster for large almost 5 Year Old

Blondie87

My DFS is going to be 5 in March. I am thinking about getting him a booster seat with taxes. He's about 60 lbs and not sure exactly on height, I'll measure him in an hour or so when he gets home, but I think it's about 46 inches.

I had him in the Vivo about 9 months ago (he was sleeping)-
IMG_1995.jpg

The Nautilus and XT around the same time (top slots on both)-
2951_163354360245_650315245_6616675.jpg

2951_162664545245_650315245_6599966.jpg

He's prolly grown an inch in torso since then. I don't want the Vivo again. I was thinking the Monterey. Maybe the PW SG. What will fit him best?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

he looks so nice and solid, as well as broad-shouldered... I wish I lived nearby... so I could pop over and let you try him in my Monterey...

but unless you can try before buying, I wouldn't go with the Monterey.

My other choice would be, because of how young he is, to go with the Parkway SG...

I actually don't like the shot of him in the vivo... it looks like his shoulders are squished in it... they wouldn't be if he was taller, because then they could be above the sides of the booster.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I was thinking monterey. He sits well in a booster, very well. I just think that it will offer more SIP than the SG. I am posting from my phone, so can't find the video, but I know there was a video of the monterey in a crash test and I was impressed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC