Radian Cover Swap FAIL

amyd

Radian Cover Swap FAIL~HAPPY UPDATE!!

So I want an extra cover for my XTSL (actually called a 2010 XT here in Canada, but for the sake of simplicity, I'm calling it an XTSL in this thread). We're going on a long road trip on March break & we all know that kids only puke in the car seat when you're away from home with no change of clothes or way to clean up, right? So I want an extra cover to take. The XTSLs just came out in Canada & the covers are not available separately until later on in February (likely not in time for me to get one in time for our trip) so I called SKJP Canada & asked if the old covers fit the new seats. I was assured by 2 separate customer service reps that yes, they fit. So I go on their website & I order a Rio cover to have as an extra for my Flora XTSL. It arrives today, I rip open the box & decide to swap covers since Flora's looking a bit dirty and could use a bath anyway. Well, yes, technically the cover does *fit* the seat, but the snaps are not the same size so the bit on the cover & the bit on the seat don't fit together. Also, the holes in the cover where you put the black plastic tacks through don't line up with where the tacks are on the new seats:thumbsdown: So I guess I'm calling SKJP to ask for a return tomorrow....wish me luck!

Last edited:
ADS

simplychels

That sucks, a lot of people had been told the covers will be interchangeable. Hopefully SKJP realizes soon that they cant be

amyd

So I called SKJP Canada this morning & talked with Robert, who was extremely helpful & apologetic. They have apparently come to the realization quite recently that the old cover do not fit the new seats (and vice versa). He told me that they do have some of the new covers in stock & they had the one that I wanted (Nitro).:thumbsup: So he is sending me a Nitro this afternoon & he told me that I could keep the Rio as well since they don't fit the new seats, he didn't think it was worth sending back:) So I'm another SKJP satisfied customer & just wanted to let you all know:D

babygirlsmom1005

So I called SKJP Canada this morning & talked with Robert, who was extremely helpful & apologetic. They have apparently come to the realization quite recently that the old cover do not fit the new seats (and vice versa). He told me that they do have some of the new covers in stock & they had the one that I wanted (Nitro).:thumbsup: So he is sending me a Nitro this afternoon & he told me that I could keep the Rio as well since they don't fit the new seats, he didn't think it was worth sending back:) So I'm another SKJP satisfied customer & just wanted to let you all know:D

Noooooo - I so wanted the Ventura for my DS when he uses my DD's RNXT!!!!! I don't wanna hear this!!!!!!!!

jb5416

That's odd. I have an XT cover (pink flowery one) on my XTSL. Fits fine, snaps work, everything. Hmmm...

amyd

That's odd. I have an XT cover (pink flowery one) on my XTSL. Fits fine, snaps work, everything. Hmmm...

Apparently it depends on the type of snap you've got. Some are plastic & others are metal. On my seat (Flora) the snaps are plastic. On the cover (Rio) the snaps are metal. I guess they perhaps used different snaps on different covers/seats.

Cryssy Jane

hmm I just got my xtsl today with a flora cover and it has the same metal snaps that my xt has. Maybe I'll have to try and flip the covers this weekend and see if they fit.

amyd

hmm I just got my xtsl today with a flora cover and it has the same metal snaps that my xt has. Maybe I'll have to try and flip the covers this weekend and see if they fit.

Mine's Canadian...maybe they have different snaps:confused:

mcomommy

I think she's disappointed because it may not fit the XTSL.

Yeah that. Although if one was on swap I prob would buy it just to see then I could resale it if it did not work on mine since it has been mentioned that some have worked.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC