rearended someone :(

becca011906

Senior Community Member
well of course it's snowing 6 inches the kids HAD a 2 hour delay then called school early 20 min before we needed to pick up the kids, well we have a nice pick up line we wait in to pick up the kids... and my foot sliped off the break when i truned around to tend to dd who was crying b/c her shoe was wet, when i bumped litterally i was in drive, no foot on the gas only in drive... ya know... SHE was so so so mean to me too... :( i was in tears when i left, my dh is county cop so he called the city cop to come and he didn't write a report b/c there was less then 1000 damage to the car... so we exchanged info and left. she had a 2 inch or so scratch to her back bumper ( i think it was honda or kia van..) and i have about 3 fairly good sized cracks to my bumper (plastic bumper land rovers have) they are about 4-8 inchs in sizes... i looked over my car seats and they look good, but i plan to call cosco and sunshine kids, and britax ... :( i really hope i don't need to replace them... but what if i do :(

oh my i need a hug

ADS

Splash

That sucks.
I doubt that the seats were really damaged, but Cosco is definitely going to tell you to replace them, and SK might. Britax likely won't though.

Dillipop

Lots of hugs!!! Hope you get the ok to keep the seats. Britax will say yes and probably sunshine kids. Cosco is the only one that may make a stink about it.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Watch out!

I posted last month about a "bump" I had back in November. Got a letter from an attorney last month that the woman was suing me. There was actually NO damage on my car and 5 or 6 small scratches on her back bumper. She's suing for personal injury.

UGH

Jewels

Senior Community Member
((((HUGS)))) Sorry that happened :(

Hate to say it, but I would likely be mad too if someone hit me. I wouldn't make you cry, but I wouldn't be thrilled.

Last edited:

lovinwaves

OH, I am so sorry that happened to you. I bet you wish you could go back and change things. Hey, it could have been worse, like a 55 mph crash or something. ;) At least everyone is ok....:D

Just wanted to add though (not to make you feel bad :) ), but if someone had hit me like that I would be pretty upset. I just covet my cars, and take really good care of them. I would not want to make the other person cry, but I would be pretty flaming mad :mad:

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I would be upset too, and i was upset ... but to be yelled at for being a "dumb little girl" ... she must know me (or thinks she does) even though i don't know her (very small town of less then 3000)... see i had my kids early, ds at the age of 16, i'm only 23. I get a lot of greif for it often. and that was the statement that sent me back to my car in tears...

LuvBug

awwww (((hugs)))
that was definitely rude of her to call you a dumb little girl, whether she knows your past or not.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Again (((HUGS)))!

Her comments were not called for, no matter what! Some people can be so rude! I don't think I could ever yell at a total stranger (for that matter I don't think I could even yell at my friends!)

Hope you have a better evening :)

lovinwaves

I would be upset too, and i was upset ... but to be yelled at for being a "dumb little girl" ... she must know me (or thinks she does) even though i don't know her (very small town of less then 3000)... see i had my kids early, ds at the age of 16, i'm only 23. I get a lot of greif for it often. and that was the statement that sent me back to my car in tears...

Well, what she said was totally uncalled for. I live in a small town also, so I understand how that upset you.

Just because you had a kid at 16 doesn't make you less of a mom, or a stupid mom. Hey, we are all learning everyday to be better moms and people. I have known 20 year olds that act more mature than most 30 year olds. Don't beat yourself up. It happened, and that's it. Like I said, it could have been MUCH MUCH worse! ;)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I would contact the carseat companies about your seats. I know they say after any accident, but you were hardly moving! I would for sure check it out:D

becca011906

Senior Community Member
anyone have a good contact for a person at SK??? i've emailed some times and not always got a response... I don't really care to awful bad if i have to trash the scenera... but i'll have to use the uptown in the LR till i can get a new replacement for it... and i guess i have to put abby in the graco hiback booster till i talk to SK about the radian... i guess i need to find out how that works with my insurance if i buy then and that price goes towards my dedutable ($500)... I couldnt' handle calling thoes places to do i was to shaken up...

JaRylan

Sunshine Kids North America
25612 74th Avenue South
Kent, WA 98032 USA
Toll-free: 1-888-336-7909
Phone: 1-253-859-5700
Fax: 1-253-859-5800
Email: us-sales@skjp.com

Russ works in the engineering department if whoever answers the phone isn't helpful.

Hugs. Hope all goes well with the phone calls. My advice is next time you hit someone (which is hopefully never) it should be a priest...that's whose car I backed into today and he was very nice about it. Hope this made you smile just a tiny bit, you deserve that after today. Hugs again.

Lara

(((((BIGHUGS)))))) I know exactly what that is like. I've been in tears way to many times to count because of people being jerks to me because I'm a young mom :( .

I have a feeling that since you were barely moving, you won't need your seats replaced. That would be almost like someone bumping into your car in a parking lot while you were in a store. You may never even know it happened ykwim?

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Oh, so sorry...! Glad there was no real damage - too bad the other mother acted so ugly. :( No need for that...

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I have a feeling that since you were barely moving, you won't need your seats replaced. That would be almost like someone bumping into your car in a parking lot while you were in a store. You may never even know it happened ykwim?

that is kinda the lines i was thinking along... as much as getting an extra year on a new radian would be nice, dd would not be happy about losing her blue seat! LOL I'll be sure and let everyone know what they all say...

beeman

It sounds like your crash history is like mine, all at slow speeds. I know what it's like to have someone flip out at you. You know how sometimes if your door is over 1/2 way open it will fling all the way open, well my truck door did this to someones car, and she saw it. Well, I didn't think anyone could flip out over a little touch of red paint like she did. My one friend that was with me said to her "I think you're overreacting," and then she bit his head off too. We traded liscence info, but it was never reported. I saw her a couple of days later and asked her about it, and she said her boyfriend was going to buff it out. So hopefully your person will calm down.
My favorite accident though, was when I was about 14 (that makes it legal :rolleyes: ), I was driving our tractor and knocked the tail light out of my dads truck. It left him speechless.

Well good luck with your accident, and I hope you don't have any more troubles with it. Hopefully if you meet up with her again, it will be a little more pleasant. And as for her calling you a "dumb little girl" :eek: , well if I had been there, she would have been in a lot worse shape than her car ;) . I commend you for starting your family so young and sticking with it. My hats off to you!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
well luckly SK said that since it passes all the criteria of NHTSA's list then it's fine as long as there is no visable stress, or cracks in the foam (there is neither).
My insurance agent was great, we got our quote and the check is in the mail (missing the dectable) so hopefully *figures crossed* we will be able to get it fixed before we go on vacation in 17 days...

My dad and grandparents on the other hand AWFUL news from them today... my dad was backing up his truck to thier garage door (he lives in their basement) and hit ice and the back of his truck ramed into the garage door, regular door and the bricks between them... :( Their in a LOT worse shape then i am today...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC