Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Rfing in a MR65

Rfing in a MR65

DS is Rfing in a MR65, and has been using the slots below his shoulders.... but he's growing. If I leave them there, they are an inch below his shoulders. If I move them up, they are a smidgen above his shoulders (like 1/4 inch).

Which is better? I know they should be below, but is too far below a bigger concern than a tad above when RFing?

Also, this is measured in the car with seat installed.
    Kristen, CPST-I, driving a '15 Odyssey
    Kendall, 11 years, 5-stepping
    Riley, 9 years, FR90, Cambria
    Nolan, 8 years, Nauti, Cambria
    Parker, 5 years, FR90, TKD Foonf

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Rfing in a MR65

The straps should really stay where they are. Are they so low that they slip off his shoulders? If not then its fine where it is. Calebs is like that when he's in the seat. He is using the third slots and his shoulders are just under the fourth so they are quite a bit below his shoulders.
    Caleb Joshua: 8/17/2007; 45.5 inches, 46-47lbs, 17 inch torso; FF in a FN85 and Complete Air Sarah Rose: 05/15/2011; 22lbs, 31 inches; RF in a Britax Roundabout 50 and Combi Coccoro

CPS Advocate

As soon as it causes malpositioning of the harness, move them up, even if it is a smidge above. Seriously, a smidge is nothing to worry about.

It's not causing them to slip off the shoulder or make the harness sit in a bad position... it just looks... weird. DH keeps saying, c'mon ask your car seat friends about this because this can't be right. I admit, it looks strange, because it comes from way below the shoulder, but he's not yet at the next slot and the harness fits fine. So I guess I'll wait till he grows another smidge... which could be a year.
    Kristen, CPST-I, driving a '15 Odyssey
    Kendall, 11 years, 5-stepping
    Riley, 9 years, FR90, Cambria
    Nolan, 8 years, Nauti, Cambria
    Parker, 5 years, FR90, TKD Foonf