Rfing in a MR65

LM4M

CPST Instructor
DS is Rfing in a MR65, and has been using the slots below his shoulders.... but he's growing. If I leave them there, they are an inch below his shoulders. If I move them up, they are a smidgen above his shoulders (like 1/4 inch).

Which is better? I know they should be below, but is too far below a bigger concern than a tad above when RFing?

Also, this is measured in the car with seat installed.

ADS

armywife12

The straps should really stay where they are. Are they so low that they slip off his shoulders? If not then its fine where it is. Calebs is like that when he's in the seat. He is using the third slots and his shoulders are just under the fourth so they are quite a bit below his shoulders.

Maedze

As soon as it causes malpositioning of the harness, move them up, even if it is a smidge above. Seriously, a smidge is nothing to worry about.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
It's not causing them to slip off the shoulder or make the harness sit in a bad position... it just looks... weird. DH keeps saying, c'mon ask your car seat friends about this because this can't be right. :rolleyes: I admit, it looks strange, because it comes from way below the shoulder, but he's not yet at the next slot and the harness fits fine. So I guess I'll wait till he grows another smidge... which could be a year. :rolleyes::p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC