Question getting close to the RF limits... with pics

horseymom

DS is in his TF and had tons of room above his head and only on the second to bottom slots. But he is weighing in at 30/31 lbs and with winter car wear he is 33 lbs so only 2 lbs off the limit. I tried him in a MR yesterday and I'm really not sure he would last that long in it (for weight yes but not height)
what do you all think? do I bother getting him the MR? I was think of just turning him in the spring (mayish)

***he was not pleased I put him in the seat and too kpics but it was all over soon*** the straps are about at the middle of his ear I didn't want to stay in it any longer than he needed he wasn't in the mood.

DSC03883.jpg

DSC03882.jpg

DSC03884-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

featherhead

Yup, it should last quite a while yet. My 2 1/2 year old has about the same amount (maybe a little less) of room.

Spam

He's got more room in the mr than my lil guy does. If your sig is right, this your three year old? If you're fine with turning him in the spring (and I would be) then I wouldn't spend the money on the MR. A weighs about 31lbs w/out clothes and about 33lbs with clothes and shoes, he still has 2lbs before he reaches the weight limit and he's only 19 months. 2lbs might get you until May when you planned to turn him anyway.

AtTheSouthDam

He probably has tons of room. Her is DD2 in the store:
ciaramr.jpg

And her she is in the car:
ciarainmr.jpg

You'll probably gain a ton of room upon install :)

armywife12

I'm with the other ladies. He will gain more room once the seat is actually installed as well. My son gained at least an inch after it was installed. I don't know if he would have 18-24 months left rf in it but id say at least another 8 or so months. My two yr old is around the same spot and I think my son would probably outgrow rf by 3 yrs old, so at least another 6 months but that is a pure guess

horseymom

ack I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I always said I'd turn him in the TF when he reached 35lbs. I knew it would for sure be after his third birthday, I just don't want to have the guilty feeling that I could have had him RF. KWIM but I do feel ok with turning him in the spring.

Is the MR pretty up right RF? I have a had time getting my TF upright (I cna't get it up anymore b/c of the adjustor and the lockoffs. Latley it seems to be bothering him...I think

armywife12

ack I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I always said I'd turn him in the TF when he reached 35lbs. I knew it would for sure be after his third birthday, I just don't want to have the guilty feeling that I could have had him RF. KWIM but I do feel ok with turning him in the spring.

Is the MR pretty up right RF? I have a had time getting my TF upright (I cna't get it up anymore b/c of the adjustor and the lockoffs. Latley it seems to be bothering him...I think

I am able to get the MR installed fairly upright in my vehicle. My back seat is kind of on the small side (CX-7) and I'm able to get it upright enough to wear it doesn't touch the driver front seat. The level indicator still remains in the Green, all the way to the left side, with just a smidge of the ball in the red.

At over 3 yrs old and 35lbs, I would feel totally fine with FF though and wouldn't stress out too much over it. We went with it because Caleb was just under 2 yrs old when outgrowing RF in his Marathon (33lb version) and hit 35lbs a month after turning 2 yrs old. If he was over 3 yrs old, I'm not sure if we would have gone with the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC