New seat for my DD1

fyrfightermomma

The YS is done. There is zero harness length left. She still has about 1-2" before hitting the top harness slots, but with no harness left and Recaro saying there is nothing they can do, the seat needs to retire until it can be a booster

So I need a new harnessed seat for her. Her torso height is about 1-2" less than the YS max height whatever that is LOL. She is 33 lbs and 43" but all legs. They anticipate her hitting 35-36 pounds in the next 2-3 months. So I guess a 40 lb seat isn't awful but then I can't hand it down to S.

I only plan on harnessing her until next fall probably when I will most likely booster her full time. She'll be 5 1/2 by then.

Her "requirements" are that she MUST be able to criss cross her legs in it (and strangely she can in the YS). She can't sit anywhere without crossing her legs and I have no clue why. I also need a seat with deep headwings that don't push her head forward. And it must fit in the 3rd row of the Grand Caravan. It will be a seatbelt install.

So any ideas? I was thinking the Symphony. Anyone know if twisty straps are an issue? I loved the YS cause the straps never twisted and the crotch buckle was so long and was always laying in the right spot so I never had to contort myself back there to dig for it or the straps. She likes the GN, but she has started sleeping in her YS (first time since 6 months old!) and I'm not sure she can in the GN cause of the headwings.

So basically, she needs to sit criss cross, it needs deep wings, needs to install easily in the 3rd row with a seatbelt, and only needs to last until next fall when she'll be around 40 lbs.

Any ideas?

ETA: The Radian doesn't work or I would have done that. She just doesn't like it for whatever reason

ADS

NannyMom

A My Ride or Cozy Cline? They both have deep sides. I don't know how tall the YS harness is. True Fit? It should have plenty of room for crossed legs, and deep sides. Not sure how the Frontier installs.

fyrfightermomma

A My Ride or Cozy Cline? They both have deep sides. I don't know how tall the YS harness is. True Fit? It should have plenty of room for crossed legs, and deep sides. Not sure how the Frontier installs.

NOOOOOO. No Frontier! LOL. I had that thing. It was a nightmare in my car LOL.

I *think* the YS is 17.5, so she probably has about 15.5" torso. The My Ride and Cozy Cline are way too high on a base and way too reclined way back there it would be a nightmare to have her get back there and climb in (there is also a seat next to her leaving virtually no room to climb up). Even her YS is not far from the roof and that's baseless! That's why I liked the YS. No base and it was narrow :(

Hmmmm I should try the TF.

NannyMom

How about the Maestro? I don't know how wide it is for crossing legs, but I'm sure there's a thread with the measurements.

Maggie

Not one of my favorite seats, but DD1 is able to sit criss cross in the Apex. She's 6 in a few weeks, insanely tall (long legs) and 50lbs. She's too tall for the harness but was sitting in it the other day in the living room while I was having a cover washing day. :p It also has no base and would be easy for her to climb into.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I was thinking the sides are kind of low...don't you have an Avenue (I'm liable to be misremembering, of course!)? It's the same.

fyrfightermomma

I was thinking the sides are kind of low...don't you have an Avenue (I'm liable to be misremembering, of course!)? It's the same.

Nope. No Avenue. I have zero spare seats right now *gasp*. Other than a TB.

I don't think that's ever happened in the history of my motherhood :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC