Was watching Teen Mom..

mommyof3tx

Yes I know I watch it, I can't help it haha, I love it

But on tonight's episode Farrah was driving Sophia around with a big puffy jacket in her infant seat with JUST the chest clip done, not the actual buckles, and it was even at her belly :thumbsdown:

Sad! She probably has no clue how dangerous it is, I wish there was some way of passing on info to her, but I saw nothing on the website.

ADS

Kyras_Mama

I'd send something to MTV asking them to make her aware of it and informing them of what a poor example that sets for "our next generation of parents" or something like that.... (That show is on MTV... right? We only have limited cable so the only time I've seen it was when I was in the hosp after having delivered dd...)

Kaede's_Mom

There is a whole thread around here somewhere about it all. She isn't the only one who has some pretty bad usage, they all do:thumbsdown:

mommyof3tx

Yeah I've noticed it with all of them, I'm always watching to see if they've replaced Bentley's seat, he's been needing it awhile. I think seeing her driving with just the chest clip done just did it for me, that's the worst I've seen on there but they all need a course on car seat safety

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, yeah, they've all done some bad things at one time or another. Makes me wince but then, poor babies have hard lives in other ways too, and most parents don't do it right.

libbiesmom

I was watching it with my younger sister tonight and when they showed Sophia in her seat with that puffy coat on, harness hanging off the shoulder and just chest clip done (and down low), she looks at me and says, "Did you see that?! OMG! How unsafe!" I'm so happy to know that I'm rubbing off on my sister! The rest of my family thinks I'm crazy because I still have my 18 month DD still RF! My sister is the only one that listens to me! (She knows that DD can't ride with her if she doesn't!)

kidrepair

I watched it last night and couldn't believe that Farrah would just do up the chest clip and think that poor Sophia is safe..I'm surprised actually that now that Leah and Bentley are 1 that their mom's didn't go right out and buy them a new seat so they could ff now...

ForeverSkye

I thought the same thing. Amber after has Leah harness really lose. I am sure they can't afford new seats so they are all putting it off.

::er!ca::

I saw this too, and DH even looked at me when he saw it. It looked like Leah's car seat was very very loosely installed too in one segment. Like Amber was going over a couple bumps and the car seat was very, very loose.

I'm half temped to send a couple links to these people's facebook/myspace pages... but know if it's appropriate. I don't think MTV is going to do anything if we contact them. It's pretty easy to google their myspace pages. I just found Maci, Amber, and Farrah in about 10 seconds.

I thought the same thing. Amber after has Leah harness really lose. I am sure they can't afford new seats so they are all putting it off.

When Julianna was little she rode in her infant seat too long cause I couldn't afford a new seat for her :( I felt bad about it, then she rode ffing too soon in an expired seat that was given to me by a friend cause I just couldn't afford anything else.

I think at least Macy has access to the internet to find a resource to help her with buying a seat (something I didn't have, I had no way to find a program to help me buy a seat, I went to BRU to look at seats and the guy was showing me 300 dollar britaxs, talking about how if I wanted the best for my child I would get a britax, I went to the car and cried when I left the store.)

I had it in my mind that if I went to a police or fire station to get my seat checked that they would call CPS on me for having her in an outgrown or expired seat.. so I just saved up for a long long time and finally got her a seat (cosco) that was at least not old. but she was in seats that were dangerous for a good year. so I kind of feel for these girls not being about to get new seats for their babies, and wish there was some way to give them info.kwim

kidrepair

I keep wondering if they get paid for the show..I mean they must get compensated somewhat right? And I would think that Amber being on government help would not happen if she was getting a regular check from the show...they are always playing up how broke they are which I'm sure they are with being so young and little ones to raise but if they are getting a check from MTV...you would think they could afford more things like a bigger carseat;)

::er!ca::

I keep wondering if they get paid for the show..I mean they must get compensated somewhat right? And I would think that Amber being on government help would not happen if she was getting a regular check from the show...they are always playing up how broke they are which I'm sure they are with being so young and little ones to raise but if they are getting a check from MTV...you would think they could afford more things like a bigger carseat;)

If they get paid, it probably wouldn't be until after the show so that the show was really portraying how their real life is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC