He needs to quit growing!

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
My 2yr 8mo old dfs, is now on the top slots of his DC. :eek: Granted, he's in cloth diapers...but still...he's well over the 3rd slots. Even after he 'settles' in....we'll be lucky to make it to 4. And the scary thing is, the Radian XT doesn't offer him hardly any more growing room. If we do adopt the boys (and it is possible at this point) I have no idea what I'm going to do with this long torso'd kiddo!

ADS

Auntie2Avi

He sounds like Avi. I thought he would be out of the regent before he was 4, but luckily when he turned 4 he started growing legs ;). His torso has barely moved in a year while he has grown over 5 inches. I would snatch up a Regent now if I was you, but I love the Regent. There have been so many new seats out recently, I have been trying to live in the moment and not worry too far in the future seat wise.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Do you have any idea the age of the Regents that are still out there? I wonder how well it installs in the 3rd row of a Suburban....hmmm....

J-max

CPST Instructor
Can help you on regent DOM out there, but a regent installs awesomely in the 3rd row drivers side outboard in a 2000, 04, and 08 suburban (TA can be used center or drivers side) It installs good in an 2000 and 04 passengers side OB (but no TA) and not at all passenger side in an 08

HTH

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
In my 3rd row, the only a tether anchor I have is on the passenger side, unless I use the cargo hook. My Sub is a 2000.

J-max

CPST Instructor
In my 3rd row, the only a tether anchor I have is on the passenger side, unless I use the cargo hook. My Sub is a 2000.
Sorry, you are right, my first "burban was a 2000 and I was thinking it was the same as the last two, but they moved it and I forgot, sorry! But i have put a regent in the 3rd row in both outboard position. You have to twist the buckle down 3X, and it takes a bit of work, but it does eventually go in pretty solid.

mish

I have no advice, but if you get a Regent I want to play with it! I have never installed a Regent and really want to try. We need to have another Oklahoma/Kansas playdate when it gets warmer.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well I'm not going to worry about it just yet. I need to find out from hubby if we have the green light to try and adopt the boys first!

myliljunebugs

Connor was super long torso'd at 4 and outgrew the MA just shortly after that but comparing pics of him now to then he has only grown about 2 inches in torso in the last 3 years, so it does slow down. I have 2 regents, if we do a spring playdate I can bring one of them :)

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have 2 regents, if we do a spring playdate I can bring one of them :)

Whatcha waiting on?! C'mon on down...ok, ok...so you might want to wait until we thaw out from the storm that's about to cause massive issues here...but othewise...I'm here! LOL

Kaede's_Mom

Whatcha waiting on?! C'mon on down...ok, ok...so you might want to wait until we thaw out from the storm that's about to cause massive issues here...but othewise...I'm here! LOL

And then Jessica can play with my frontier like she wants to :)
If we wait a month or so then I wont be the giant prego lady not able to move lol

myliljunebugs

LOL you guys are funny! Yes, we should definitely plan one. If we plan it for spring break then I will actually have the kids, otherwise I have to get permission from their dad to borrow them for the get together and we saw how well that worked last time. How are you guys fairing from the storm?

Kaede's_Mom

Baby boy should be here by then :D

We lost power for about 6 hours over night and it got pretty cold, but then again I don't live in a brick house lol. We didn't think it was going to come back on so fast since we are out of city limits we are usually the last serviced. Now it is snowing like crazy and you can barely see out side the snow is so thick.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC