Which booster would you take along?

mlbmom

I haven't flown with DD since the Marathon was outgrown... until now.

I'm not packing the Parkway, so my options are:

1. Pack the backless Turbo into checked luggage.

2. Put the B510 in its travel bag and pray it fits in an overhead bin.

We have a 3-hour drive after we land, so I'd love the Compass over the backless, but I'm doubting I can actually stow the Compass onboard (80-seat jet). Thoughts?

For reference, DD is 7y2m, 48", 50lbs. and will do fine in any of these seats. I'm renting a car (Emerald Aisle... so I can pick the vehicle).

Thanks!
Mel in Milwaukee

ADS

TnT's Mom

We have taken our B510 on planes before and it has fit in the overhead bins but the jet you are flying does sound like it may have the smaller overhead compartments. Could you carry the bottom part of the Turbo on the plane with you so you at least have that for sure and check the top in a suitcase so you would have it (hopefully) when you arrived at your destination?

Kat_Momof3

I agree... I'd pack the back to the Turbo in one of the pieces of luggage so you have it when you arrive... but take the base with you on the plane... then whether you bother to open that luggage right away or get to your hotel first, he's safe.

mlbmom

Thanks, everyone. I don't own a back to the Turbo (it's Grandma's seat and is just backless). But whatever I do, I'll carry the seat on.

Mel

Kat_Momof3

lol... that's what we get for assuming.

I'd still take the backless... because the compass booster's belt fit is less reliable... it differs vehicle to vehicle.... but a turbo... we really have a hard time finding a vehicle it doesn't work in... especially backless. (I can think of some with fixed headrests where the back doesn't work)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC