Need seat recs for a friend please (2 kids)

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
She is looking to buy a new seat since the one the two are sharing is expiring soon.

Kids:
A-6/7yo- 50ish lbs
T- 4yo- 40-43lbs
S- 3yo- 33lbs

I don't know heights, but they are fairly short. All are 50% or there abouts. She herself is short and so are the parents of the 3yo.

Currently she has the S and the T in a harnessed seat. She wants to keep them harnessed. She does booster train T when she has both younger kids. When this happens normally A is not with her and T is in his hbb and S is harnessed. If A is with them, she has a bb that he uses (training).

Her budget is relatively low. $150 and below if possible. She only needs a new harnessed seat. She does have 20% off and $25 off coupons for BRU and wants to make the purchase no later than Thursday for this reason.

I really want to help her out. She has no desire to put T in an hbb fulltime yet. S must be harnessed (of course we know that, but her words).

ADS

NannyMom

The EFTA and TF would be the eaiest for the 2 kids to share. They both have a no rethread harness. She wouldn't have to uninstall if they don't use the same harness slots.

The Nautilus is another option, but she may have to change slots for each child.
Though better yet, she could get 2 Maestros for $160 and they won't have to share.

The Maestro and Nautilus would last the longest because they have highewr top slots.

Kat_Momof3

I'd probably try to score a TF or EFTA with that budget... I like no-thread harensses for sharing a seat.

I would not be booster-training the 4yr old yet... nor putting the 7yr old in a backless yet.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I'd probably try to score a TF or EFTA with that budget... I like no-thread harensses for sharing a seat.

I would not be booster-training the 4yr old yet... nor putting the 7yr old in a backless yet.

I know. I wouldn't either. I actually tried talking her into an xtsl. :whistle: I guess to be honest I'll take what I can get as far as her restraints. Most people around here don't keep their 7 yo in anything. My sil doesn't either. She wants to try to get two seats, but really isn't able. The parents of the 3yo send a hbb for her. :eek: I will pass on the recs from you and the pp and I have a tfp and efta so I will bring those for her to try on the kids. I'm getting the xtsl tomorrow (hurry ups!) so I'll bring it too.

NannyMom

Depending on the torso height of the 3 year old, maybe a Scenera and a Maestro. If the 3 year old could get a year or 2 out of the Scenera, then the 4 year old could move to a HBB and the Maestro to the 3 year old.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC