Autosafe belt adjuster

ginny4

:thumbsup:

my van has wonky seatbelt geometry & fitting anyone outside of a harnessed seat is not so great shoulder belt fit. so it was recommended from folks on this board to get the autosafe seat belt adjuster : http://www.autosafeproducts.co.nz/

well i got it! its makes a PERFECTO shoulder belt fit IMO. i'm gonna buy another one!

2010-1007.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Kat_Momof3

I knew it would be perfect for vehicles like yours and whatever Mazda it is with the weird belts in the third row... glad to see it, though!

Kyras_Mama

Is there any reason these couldn't be used safely for an adult? I'd love one if the shoulder belt fit in our new car ends up not being any better than it is in our current one for me... I'm always trying to schooch over or pull it down off my neck to the right place...

ginny4

How did you get it from them? Is there an online retailer?

ebay seller: nappytraders
here's the link of the one i bought: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220540878991&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i hadn't seen another one up for auction yet so i just contacted the seller & asked if they had another one they can sell me. i've paid & will be sent out on friday from new zealand. i'm sure if you cantact them they canhelp you. i paid $20 w/ free ship which i think is VERY reasonable & the cheapest i found. i'm sure you can say i referred them to you. my ebay name is virginiac123kids

ETA: i think the ebay seller IS the manufacturing company. according to my invoice/packing slip it says from MOVA Marketing- that's who makes it. on their site they sell it for $30 plus international shipping of $10.

Neat. I'd like to get one for myself!

Is there any reason these couldn't be used safely for an adult? I'd love one if the shoulder belt fit in our new car ends up not being any better than it is in our current one for me... I'm always trying to schooch over or pull it down off my neck to the right place...

i guess it depends on how tall your seat back is whether it would work for you. my shoulders are just over the seatback so it falls below my shoulder. if i fit me well i might have considered it for myself as well. but my seatbelts in the 2nd & front row are adjustable in height so it helps to keep it where it needs to be for the most part

tiggercat

So it doesn't introduce a bunch of slack into the belt system? Any chance of a pic that shows the whole seatbelt? I'm tempted because I will end up in the same situation as Greg gets bigger (we have an 02 Caravan and 3 kids so easier to have boostered or seatbelt kid back there, but that darn shoulder belt... )

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I knew it would be perfect for vehicles like yours and whatever Mazda it is with the weird belts in the third row... glad to see it, though!

Oh yeah, Kat, it might be great in the 3rd row of the Mazda5. That's been one reason (well, and thousands of other little reasons, like the price of a new car I can't afford, lol) I've been hesitant to look further into that car :)

Maedze

Hmmmm. I'm wondering how effective something like that would be on the high seatback of a Ford Freestar.

ginny4

So it doesn't introduce a bunch of slack into the belt system? Any chance of a pic that shows the whole seatbelt? I'm tempted because I will end up in the same situation as Greg gets bigger (we have an 02 Caravan and 3 kids so easier to have boostered or seatbelt kid back there, but that darn shoulder belt... )

01 grand caravan

i have moved the kids around again so the adjuster went from the driver side to the passenger side so that i could put my DS2 back there as well. i need him to test it out with & w/o the NBB. he's at school of course. when i put it on the pass side & i pulled the belt out-- it twisted inthe guide. it easily twists since the monterey HBB made it twist/bunch up all the time. it also caused it not to retract. it is slow to retract (without anything even there) so i'm considering getting a new seatbelt entirely. it does retract well onthe other side. to get it to not twist i rethreaded the clip upside down. also if you pull belt in the direction of the guide it keeps it flat. as you can see i made the clip tilt so that it would help keep the belt flat as it went thru the clip. gosh i hope i'm making sense.

do these pics help you?
2010-1009.jpg

2010-1008-1.jpg

& my lil model. 3.5yo who DOES NOT ride like this at all. he actually fits it really well.
2010-1010.jpg

if you need anything else just let me know

tiggercat

Thank you for the pics, that is exactly what I needed to see! I am going to see if they mind shipping to Canada.

tjham

Yes, I bought one a few years ago and did spend $30 something for it! I think the price was awfully high for what you get in actual material but I was willing to pay it to get the correct fit. :thumbsup:

I love mine :love: and just ordered another one, at the better price. And I will probably eventually order two more.

Make sure to get it as tight as possible, NO slack, and not too close to the edge of the seat. The first time I tried it, I thought it was tight but by the time they got back, it had slipped off the side of the leather seat. :eek:
But now it is on there GOOD!

tjham

Hmmm, I just got mine from nappytraders. Great!
But they won't return my email(s) asking to buy more. Maybe that's all they had. Bummer. :(

daniele_ut

Our 2006 Chevy Express 12 passenger vans at work actually have something similar installed on all of the outboard rear seats where the lap/shoulder belts come from the wall of the van and are pretty far away. They were standard with the van from the manufacturer. The only way the belt fits me in those vans is with the adjuster.

ginny4

Hmmm, I just got mine from nappytraders. Great!
But they won't return my email(s) asking to buy more. Maybe that's all they had. Bummer. :(

really? that would stink if they ran out tho its the actual company that makes them so you figure they have them.
they sent me a 2nd one. what i found in my email inbox was another paypal message for payment. they attached a note saying they will send a 2nd one out right away. i was a little leery as it wasn't thru ebay. i did have pay pal on my side so i went for it & it went smoothly. i hope you can get that 2nd one too

ginny4

so random, ginny, but 3.5yo already???? I remember him being such a round little baby!!

OMG i know. they grow up so fast. :( he was very round as a baby but thinned out quite a bit. i cna't believe i just signed him up for prechool in sept. sniff sniff

ginny4

I know the company still sells them but they want $29.99 with $10 shipping.

http://www.autosafeproducts.co.nz/buynow.html

That is just outrageous, even though I love the product. One strap and one plastic belt guide. Sheesh! I wonder how the guy on ebay could get them and sell them for $20?

according to the packaging i recieved. nappy traders IS Mova marketing- the ones who manufacture them. at least that what it appears to be.

These can only be used if the seats fold down?

as long as you can feed the strap between the seatback & seat bottom it should be just fine. i didn't fold mine to get ours installed

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC