Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Best prices for Thomas Train items?

I would like to buy a starter track set and a couple of trains for my friend's DS's second birthday but they are so expensive. Any pointers on where I can find them for the best prices or any place having a clearance or sale? Around Christmas I found a place (actually a craft store) that had a buy one get one free offer on all of there Thomas products which allowed us to buy some for our DS. Thank you in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Best prices for Thomas Train items?

I'm guessing the craft store was Michael's. They have 40% or 50% coupons every Sunday in the paper. I just buy a piece a week with the coupon. They also do B1G1 occassionally. HTH!
    Maiya ~ 12y/80lbs ~ Jane Indy Plus ~ Hayden ~ 9y/55lbs ~ SK Monterey ~ Quinn ~ 8y/45lbs ~ RXT ~ Mitchell ~ 18m/24lbs ~ Arctic Cat MA

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

For tracks, I would get another brand. Imaginarium from TRU, the circo brand from Target, Ikea has a nice, basic set. All are less expensive than the Thomas brand tracks and they are interchangable with each other. I find the quality to be on par with each other.

Michaels and AC Moore usually have coupons for 40-50% off an item. AC Moore regularly has Thomas on sale for 25-40% off or B1G1. TRU sometimes has buy 2, get 1. Target also sometimes has the Thomas stuff on sale as well.

CCO 4/15

CPS Technician

If you are ever in Eastern Iowa, there is a Thomas (and Bob the Builder and John Deere) outlet store there! Sometimes their prices are comparable, but sometimes they have REALLY good deals. We got the Roundhouse at way more than 50% off (would have never gotten it otherwise) because the box was every so slightly damaged.

They will ship, but they do not have much online. They are not to far from some of our family, so we would stop when we were there.

Tina

Quote Originally Posted by Dillipop View Post
    For tracks, I would get another brand. Imaginarium from TRU, the circo brand from Target, Ikea has a nice, basic set. All are less expensive than the Thomas brand tracks and they are interchangable with each other. I find the quality to be on par with each other.

Michaels and AC Moore usually have coupons for 40-50% off an item. AC Moore regularly has Thomas on sale for 25-40% off or B1G1. TRU sometimes has buy 2, get 1. Target also sometimes has the Thomas stuff on sale as well.
    Just a note...the metal Thomas trains do NOT fit on the wooden tracks, you need to get the wooden trains for the wooden tracks.

Don't ask how I figured that one out

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by northernmommy View Post
    Just a note...the metal Thomas trains do NOT fit on the wooden tracks, you need to get the wooden trains for the wooden tracks.

Don't ask how I figured that one out
    Yeah- make sure you get wooden trains. All the places I listed carry the wooden trains and most also carry the metal ones. The metal ones have different tracks.

CCO 4/15