Harmony Literider pics

christineka

I was at walmart today with gift cards in my pocket. They had the harmony literider booster on an endcap. I brought one home with me. I like the lap-belt fit, but I hate the shoulder adjuster. It attaches in the center of the seat and tend to put the shoulderbelt too close to the neck. I think the seat would be best for a kid that didn't need the shoulder belt adjuster. The cover is a bit padded. It goes on in one piece and shower-cap-style. I love the width. My children said it was comfortable. I think it is more sturdy than the cosco high rise. It is very light and would be a good portable seat. (Which is what I want it for.)

harmonyplastic.jpg

Just for perspective: the other two seats aren't used.
boosterlineup.jpg

harmonyruler.jpg

In the sienna, third row, driver's side next to the ffing radian
harmonyinvan.jpg

8 yo
harmonyc.jpg

10 yo (In the ford tempo)
harmonyE.jpg

This seat is intended to be used in other people's vehicles that have headrests and certainly not in the old tempo. (I had put the seats back in the van and didn't want to rearrange again.)

ADS

Kat_Momof3

could you please take a pic of it from the side... (along with the turbo and cosco backless)... so I can see how low it sits.

Jeffrey is getting all too close to outgrowing his monterey... and he's just not as leggy as Damian was... he won't be ready for sitting without a booster in my car... not yet...
He's already not able to use the back on his monterey in the third row due to it hitting my roof... and since Damian DOES NOT want to sit next to Ruthie when she uses the vivo back there, there we are.

The monterey is so thick that Jeffrey may HAVE to stay in the 2nd row and Damian may HAVE to sit next to Ruthie when she uses the Vivo if I don't get him a thinner booster. (the Olli was just as thick as the Monterey, so no regrets on getting rid of it)

up north mama

I bought 3 of these for my van! I like how they taper down at the base. It is easy to fit 3 across and they REALLY reduce pinched fingers!

bigteamug

Is the shoulder belt adjuster the reason why the other harmony boosters are on the "not recommended" booster list? Just wondering, if the lap belt fit is good on this one.....

o_mom

Is the shoulder belt adjuster the reason why the other harmony boosters are on the "not recommended" booster list? Just wondering, if the lap belt fit is good on this one.....

The other one (Secure Comfort?) was not recommended because it positioned the lap belt too low on the legs. That one (the green and gray one from TRU) is a bigger booster than this one. It is very deep and I could see if you tried to put a 6 yo in it that they may not be big enough to use it properly. I use it with a larger 9.5 yo and it positions well, so as always check the fit in your car with your child.

I haven't had to use the shoulder belt adjuster on either one (I have the Literider as well). The only issue I have run into is that it sits so low that the buckle actually gets caught in the armrest/belt guide.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Here's a blog review of the bigger Harmony... http://carseatblog.com/?p=2170 See how far forward that lapbelt is? Might have been a recommended choice if boosters would break down their weight limits for bigger and smaller kids (like the Literider for 33-80 and the Secure Comfort for 50-110...but that's just a guess on my part, based on the fit of Kecia's boys in the seat).

sirrahn

I bought 3 of these for my van! I like how they taper down at the base. It is easy to fit 3 across and they REALLY reduce pinched fingers!

I agree that it's a great seat for tight spaces. My 6.5 and 9.5 yr olds use them in DH's car when we need to put my DD2's harnessed seat in the middle. They can buckle with zero problems.

Neither of them need the shoulder belt adjuster, but personally I kind of like that it pulls the seatbelt in a little. I think that's better for making sure it stays in place. The adjuster on our old Britax SR/Cs came from the middle like that, and the few times we needed it over the years, it gave very secure shoulder belt placement.

I can also get a scary good belt fit on my tiny (31 lbs ~40") almost 5 yr old with the Literider. She's never ridden in a booster, and I certainly don't plan for her to use a backless any time soon, but it does position the belt well when the car's in the garage;) .

christineka

I had the buckle issue in dh's car. I thought I must have set the seat to far toward the center.

I intend to get some comparative measurements and pictures, but was busy all day. I hope to get to it tomorrow.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC