Just for fun: A booster "gathering" at my house (pic)

TnT's Mom

I was getting some measurements today for MomtoEliEm's spreadsheets and since I had some of my boosters together, I got the rest of them out as well. It was a little booster seat party:D.

100_5216.jpg

I actually have two Nautili (is that the plural of Nautilus?) that could have been converted to booster mode in order to join the party, but DS#2 still rides in them in harness mode and I wasn't feeling ambitious enough to convert them just for fun and then have to put them back to harness mode for him.

ADS

steph_s

**sniff sniff** I want a Jane again!! :crying: I sold mine when I stupidly though I wouldn't need a booster for a long time. Yeah that was before my almost 6 year old shot up and now only has a short time in his Regent! They are really nice seats.

TnT's Mom

did anyone ever find out why the heck Jane pulled those awesome boosters from the market?

I don't know but I just checked their site and it looks like they have changed the belt guides....they added a second guide for smaller children????

http://www.janeusa.com/products.htm

If you click on the see color options they all pop up with the sets of 2 slots and if you scroll down the page at the bottom is a red one that only has the one set of belt guides....

So it looks like a re-design but no one has them in stock? Amazon has pictures of the ones with 2 belt guides but they are not available...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/New-Jane-Indy-Booster-Seat/dp/B000MSBUV8"]Amazon.com: New Jane Indy Booster Car Seat - Red: Baby[/ame]

steph_s

Is having a lower belt guide such a great idea? It's just going to encourage people to put kids who are way too small in boosters! Good thing these boosters aren't in "regular" stores! I can just see people going into walmart and buying them for their 2yo's!

TnT's Mom

Is having a lower belt guide such a great idea? It's just going to encourage people to put kids who are way too small in boosters! Good thing these boosters aren't in "regular" stores! I can just see people going into walmart and buying them for their 2yo's!

Yeah, I don't think the lower belt guide was really necessary but an interesting thing about the owner's manual that comes with the Jane Indy is it says it is for children aged 1 1/2 years :eek:to around 12 years. I don't know why they have that age range...does anyone know?

bigteamug

I called Jane in SF, and they guy I talked to said that there is still a store that carries them there (didn't see any on that website - citikids, I think). And the Plus is definitely gone from the US market, and he mentioned that Jane is not doing well in Europe with the economy.

Doesn't sound like they are coming back, to me....

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Their pictures always showed and raved about that lower belt guide, I didn't know we had seats here without it :eek:

Anyway, they clearly never sold very well, Kat, or everyone *here* would own one :D

I guess 1.5 since it's a Spanish company and boostering in Europe (outside of the Nordic countries that RF to 3-4) has historically been from a very young age (like the Recaro Start from 9 months...nice... but don't anyone get all huffy, we have some boosters here labeled from age 1 and 30 pounds ;))

Last edited:

Kat_Momof3

true, but for awhile, back in the day when they were on the market everywhere, a bunch here DID have them... I'd compare it to people who have the Monterey...

Not that that seat was ever EASY to find, though.

I feel it is also so odd that if they've definitely pulled the seat from the market, that it's still advertised like a current seat in their website.

I feel like the website (kind of like the company in general) needs a bit of a makeover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC