*Pics* Safety1st onBoard 35 Air infant seat

monstah

DD1&2 fell asleep in the car today so I figured, "Why not take a long drive & let them sleep." Somehow, I ended up at the Buy Buy Baby 40 minutes away. :whistle: The onBoard was there so I grabbed a couple cell phone pics.

It's a neat seat but holy heck, it is HEAVY!

Here's DD2 in the KeyFit 30 for comparison.
6.jpg

onBoard Air
Jan2510.jpg

two.jpg

Lockoff
5.jpg

ETA: While I was playing with it, the harness kept getting caught up in the back. Is that a common problem with the onBoard?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So that one has the lockoff. But someone was saying the OnBoard Air at their Target does not?

Man, this is so annoying, we almost have to check every single version (since lockoff isn't necessarily listed in description) to find out if it has a lockoff or not.

Does the OB Air have a no-rethread adjuster like the CA does?

soygurl

Nope, regular slots.

Ooo... I wonder if the covers for the OBAir would fit the regular OB35? :cool:

The OnBoard I saw at Target on Saturday was not an OnBoard Air. Perhaps whoever said that meant the regular OnBoard35.
Yep! The Target and Baby Depot OBs with out the lock-offs are all regular OB35s, not the Air versions. At least the one's I've seen are... :thumbsup:

soygurl

ETA: While I was playing with it, the harness kept getting caught up in the back. Is that a common problem with the onBoard?

I don't know how common it is, but the same thing happened when I was playing with the regular OB35 at Baby Depot. The splitter plate got caught on part of the continuous harness on the bottom of the seat.

Oh, and I wonder why it's so heavy? Seemed to me like the regular OB35 was pretty light for an infant seat... seems kinda strange that "air pockets" would add a bunch of weight! :rolleyes:

cookie123

Someone posted the On Board was light - 8 lbs? But that may not have been the Air. I'm tempted to buy one and check it out for ease of use, but don't want to if they'll throw it away after.

monstah

I don't know how common it is, but the same thing happened when I was playing with the regular OB35 at Baby Depot. The splitter plate got caught on part of the continuous harness on the bottom of the seat.

Oh, and I wonder why it's so heavy? Seemed to me like the regular OB35 was pretty light for an infant seat... seems kinda strange that "air pockets" would add a bunch of weight! :rolleyes:

The harness getting caught was VERY irritating. It took a lot of fiddling & cursing to get the harness properly tightened on her.

When I was shopping for infant seats, I wasn't concerned with weight because I didn't think a pound or two would make a difference. I couldn't have been more wrong. When I switched DD2 from the KF30 into the OB35CA, it was shocking how much heavier it was.
I can't imagine continuing to use the bucket feature after the baby hits 20ish pounds in this seat.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The OnBoard I saw at Target on Saturday was not an OnBoard Air. Perhaps whoever said that meant the regular OnBoard35.

No, this specific post was about the OnBoard Air. I think the Target ordered it by mistake because it was also marked $90. It was one specific poster. I've seen the lockoffs (well, lack of) on the regular OB at Target, this poster said it was not the green and brown seat but a different one, when she looked it up it was an Air. Now I'm reeeeally curious for someone to get one fo the OB Airs from Target's website and tell us whether it does or not.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC