Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Quinny Buzz?

Senior Community Member

Quinny Buzz?

Ok, I thought I'd pretty much settled on the BJCMini or even elite if I can find it in the budget. But I really like the looks of the Quinny buzz which is half off right now at albeebaby. Dh likes the the looks of the Quinny better and wants it if it fits the bill. But, I can't find a weight limit on it. DD is a lightweight, but she'll also probably need a stroller longer than most kids.

So does anybody know the upper weight limit? If you own one I'd love to see pics.

It's not one of those crazy 30 pounder seats is it?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Quinny Buzz?

4 years, 31lbs, and 40 inches.

Her feet weren't comfortable. She felt like a big kid in a baby stroller, and her shoulders were squished. The BJ will last you longer

ETA: Just noticed your DD is 4 already, yeah stick with a BJ.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

For comparison, here she is in the BJ about a year later:

You can see how much more comfortable she is. Also, she is able to climb in by herself on the BJ and get in much more easily. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=79994

ETA: Have you thought about the Quinny Zapp? It has a 50lb weight, and very large seat. The Quinny buzz I think is either 40 or 45 lb weight limit, but I can tell you by the way it felt at the store, it would be pretty hard to push by that point, imo.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    For comparison, here she is in the BJ about a year later:

You can see how much more comfortable she is. Also, she is able to climb in by herself on the BJ and get in much more easily. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=79994

ETA: Have you thought about the Quinny Zapp? It has a 50lb weight, and very large seat. The Quinny buzz I think is either 40 or 45 lb weight limit, but I can tell you by the way it felt at the store, it would be pretty hard to push by that point, imo.
    Does the Zap seat recline? That's a stickler for us, and I thought I saw somewhere that it doesn't recline.

DD is 4 already, but more the size of a typical 2 year old with both weight and height. She wears 24 months in clothes. Dh likes the zap too, if it reclines.

Otherwise, I'll just stick with the BJCmini. He'll get over it, lol. The Buzz looks cool, but she'll need a stroller for a few more years and I *hope* we get her growing better soon, so I should be prepared.

ETA: The pink zap is only $119! Please tell me the seat reclines...PLEASE!!!

It doesn't. Sorry! But at 4, does she really need the recline?
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
    It doesn't. Sorry! But at 4, does she really need the recline?
    Yeah, she does. She has a yet to be dx'd disorder (mitochondrial disease is on the table right now) that includes low muscle tone among lots of other things. She sleeps a lot as well so combine that with low tone and you get a kid flopping all over. Not a good combo unfortunately.

Think we'll just go with the BJCMini and call it a day. It has a recline and the 50 lbs weight will get us a long time. Maybe by that time, she'll have an official diagnosis and we can apply for insurance to pay for a medical stroller of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by menfusse View Post
    Yeah, she does. She has a yet to be dx'd disorder (mitochondrial disease is on the table right now) that includes low muscle tone among lots of other things. She sleeps a lot as well so combine that with low tone and you get a kid flopping all over. Not a good combo unfortunately.
    Ah, gotcha I have a son with physical issues including low tone, and low muscle, so I understand the need.

The BJ should work perfect!
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9