Best deals on a jogging stroller for walking/jogging?

HeatherB

I've decided to train for a 5k, now that my big boys are old enough to walk/run at the park alongside me. I just need a jogging stroller now for the 2yo.

I've been researching a lot, but I'd love advice from those who have actually used them! The park I plan to go to the most is a paved but not straight trail. It's basically a loop but not an even oval, if that makes sense. So on the one hand I think I need a fixed wheel because I really want it for exercise, not around town. But then I worry about how difficult it will be constantly be doing wheelies to turn it on the track. The idea of a swivel wheel that can be fixed really appeals. Of course, the ones I'm finding on craigslist right now are all fixed wheels.

Not surprisingly, the big deal here is going to be price. I need a good deal on something that will work for me. I actually think having something not-top-of-the-line wouldn't be bad if it gives me a GOOD feel for whether or not I can keep it up, but on the other hand I don't want to spend $150+ on a poor quality jogger that won't allow me to do what I need, only to then have to spend $350+ on a good one. KWIM?

So, are there any great deals? Is a Joovy Zoom a good buy (found it on Amazon for $199)? Do BOBs ever go on sale? Are fixed wheels going to be a pain, or should I spring for the BOB SUS D'lux that I found on Craigslist? Or should I just get a cheap one (a friend may have one for "whatever I want to pay") and see how it goes before I spend $200+? Or will I sabotage my efforts by buying a cheap one? :confused::confused::confused:

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

You might sabotage your efforts by trying to find a cheap cheap one. I think the bob sus deluxe might be great for you. Although it is fixed wheel, they don't always need a wheelie to turn, they will go gradually. Or, you might want to spring for the bob revolution. THe wheel gets fixed out, so it gives the length for jogging, and you can keep it swivel for fast walking. Plus, the brake is connected to the tether, although it doesn't have a hand brake. But, if you fall, or have a problem and need to brake, you can just pull on the tether, and the stroller will lock the wheels.

Things you definitely want to look for if you want to seriously train is a hand brake, and a runaway tether. To me, the tether is really a must if running (even though I don't run:eek:). THe hand brake comes in handy on hills, and if you end up going too fast to control the stroller.

HeatherB

Thanks! I definitely don't want to go so cheap as to ruin my efforts - or waste the money! So now I have to figure out just how cheap is too cheap! :lol I want good quality, but would love to not spend more than $250. Though the BOB Revolution is seemingly ideal! I am checking craigslist continuously in hopes that one might come up! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC